MY MINIONS

Halloween Begins

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Day In The Life

I woke up this morning with an ear bleeding migraine again. This bitch has been with me for the past 7 days now and I'm sick of it. Just when I get it to quiet down, that's when the dogs start barking or the neighbor kid decides to play his ghetto blaster car stereo. I have to drag myself down the hall to the bathroom to get some aspirin because, this is really strange, nothing else works for me.

It's true. I have tried every stinking migraine medication my doctor could throw at me and nothing worked. But I take 3 or 4 regular aspirin and I'm fine as frog hair split four ways. Yeah, go figure. David says I'm from another planet. Hey I'm out on a day pass and they haven't found me yet.

I just got up from the couch to get some more coffee and happened to peek in the hallway where the heater is. There are three little black and white bodies lying on the carpet. Yeppers, three little cute dogs all spread out on the rug in front of the heater for max warmth. These three little lazy buggers will be in the other room later getting sun tans when the sun hits the floor. At which time during this day these little buggers will follow the sun all along the floor until it hits the other wall and then they will come to bother me for food. Ahh the life of a pampered puppy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable!

As for the migraines, the only prescription that works for me is Fioricet. When I run out of those bitches, I make my own little concoction that works fantabulous. 1 cup of strong coffee, 2 (or 3) ibuprofen and 1 (or 2) benadryl. Had one last night as a matter of fact. It was a direct result of writing on the 'puter for almost 5 hours in a row.

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

The med that works for me and the Nurse Practiioner that I saw last time told me they don't make them anymore....oh holy shit....is Midrin. I tried to give myself the shots....and I brought my bp up so high being anxious about it that the meds didn't do any good. Strong coffee and bendryl will work sometimes too. And as far as being from another planet.....what you mean there are those among us who are from here????? uh no.
The dogs are too cute and smart too. Baby, it's cold out there.
The Olde Bagg, Linda

Anonymous said...

Your puppies are so adorable!

I'm so sorry you've had that 7 day bitch of a migraine hanging on. They are the worst. I wish I knew of something to recommend for you. When I get them I grab a cold rag and lay down in a dark room with it over my eyes.

I wanted to ask you something regarding your fibro. My doc has started me on Savella about 2 months ago and it has helped with the pain, exhaustion and a few other fibro symptoms. As you know, it will never be what it used to be, but it is a help. I don't know if you'd been offered that and just wanted to through it out there.

Diandra said...

Ouch, migraines suck! The only thing that helps me is coffee - hot, sweet and with milk. Don't know why, but... hey, I love coffee. ^^

(I am not too keen on medication.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...