MY MINIONS

Halloween Begins

Thursday, June 11, 2015

I Got A Scare Yesterday

Spunky sleeping on his bed.
Spunky is still a bit under the weather. I think his age has a lot to do with it too. He's nearly 12 years next month. Yesterday morning he scared the shit out of me. I came in to open the drapes and windows a 6:30 a.m and the girls (Lucy and Pebbles)and I went out to water and play. Spunky usually sleeps in until 7 and then comes out to join me as I water the potted garden plants in the courtyard from the rain barrels. I decided to go check on the little guy because he was still inside.
Tired old man. He went right back to sleep after this picture.
When I walked into the house I called his name and there was no answer. So I went to check on him. He was still in bed so I went to roust him out of his bed and he didn't move. I was really scared. I thought that he had died in his sleep. I found out the little guy was just sleeping really hard. He was in a deep, deep sleep. Dude scared me bad. I just left him alone. He's fine but lethargic right now, but I'm keeping my eye on the little guy.

I called the vet and he told me that if he doesn't eat today and feels the same tomorrow, to bring him in right away. I'm crossing my fingers that he gets better. It just bothers me that we could lose him.

5 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

awwww...poor little guy. i hope he feels better soon!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Poor old Spunky! Keeping my fingers crossed for him!

Birdie said...

Oh, dear. Poor little guy. Keep us posted. xo

Pickleope said...

Aww no, hopefully Spunky stays strong. Viva la Spunky!

Ol'Buzzard said...

When his time comes I hope it is in his own bed at home in his sleep. The alternative is unbearably traumatic. If he is not in pain than love him until he decides it is time.
the Ol'Buzzard

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...