MY MINIONS

Halloween Begins

Monday, August 22, 2016

A BIG Problem That's Getting Bigger


As I write this paragraph at 07:46 am, it's raining, and we have a butt load more rain moving up from the south as you can see from the picture above. Yeah, Seguin is about to have the snot knocked out of it. The ground is so saturated right now that when you walk on the grass is feels like you sink 4 inches. I've lived here 14 years and I've never encountered this. Hawaii was worse with their rainy seasons but DAYUM!!  It's like living in Panama with all the rain and humidity.

Okay, we have a big problem. I don't have a picture of it because the rain has been a problem and my camera isn't waterproof, but we have a BIG FUCKING GAPING HOLE in our yard 6 ft. from the side of our house. It's about 3 ft wide and 3 ft deep and it's perfectly round. David has no idea what it was caused from but I do because I looked into the hole and saw a busted or crushed 8 inches in diameter pipe. It's coming away from the house to the left instead of going to the street. So, the only thing I can think of is that this pipe was from the house to a septic tank long ago when the city didn't have sewer pipes yet. The saturated soil started emptying into the crushed open pipe and into the remaining septic tank thus forming the hole. So everytime it rains the tank is slowly filling. 

David wants to refill the hole with dirt and I say no. I think the pipe should be dug open, exposed from any soil. Then cover the whole pipe with rocks and then pour a layer of Quickcrete cement over the rocks to seal the hole in the pipe. The Quickcrete sets in 40 minutes. At which time, maybe the next day, we can cover the whole thing with soil. 

Now if anyone has a better idea please let us know ASAP. We have approximately 3 days of no rain coming starting tomorrow and we're burnin daylight baby. 




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Tell us what happens!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Personally, I would go with a quick 'n easy fix right now (probably just dirt) and then once the rain is over and you're back to drought conditions, then I'd dig it out and seal it off properly. But then, WTF do I know about stuff like this? Nuttin.

Good luck!

Ol'Buzzard said...

Yours is an interesting solution. I think the first thing is to actually determine where the pipe is coming from and going to. This has the possibility of eventually causing a sink hole; which would be a much bigger problem. Let us know what you decide to do.
the Ol'Buzzard

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...