MY MINIONS

Halloween Begins

Monday, November 20, 2017

It's Monday

I'm on my third day of incarceration. David will be off all week and I'm stuck in the house, trying to be good. Yes, I promised not to kill David before Thanksgiving. After that, it's open season. He stays in his part of the house and I stay in the living room with the puppies. It's working out so far.
A cold front came through Saturday afternoon. It's cold this morning and I'm loving every minute of it. This is more like the weather we should be having in November. Cold mornings in the low 40's and cool evenings in the 60's and 70's.  Another cold front is set to come through again on Tuesday. It won't change anything.  Although, it would be nice to have a bit of snow.
On Saturday, David went grocery shopping for me. It's hard for me to stand for a long time because of my back, so he does it. Anywho, he picked up the best looking pork tenderloin on sale that I have ever seen. Not an ounce of fat on it, so lean. I cut 6 chops out of that and then cut it lengthwise to make 2 nice roasts out of it. One will be for Thanksgiving and the other for Yule. 

He also bought a huge turkey breast that I seared in a nice large saute pan with butter and oil, 3 smashed garlic cloves, fresh thyme, sage and if you like, rosemary with stems, then I basted the breast, set the cooked herbs on top of the breast and put it in a preheated 350 oven for 45 minutes to an hour. It came out so nice. I had 2 slices of it for dinner and I made David his favorite meatloaf. After the turkey breast cooled during dinner I cut 2/3's of it into really thin slices and put that into a container for turkey sandwiches and 3 thick slices I cut up into really small chunks for turkey salad later in the week for me. David hates turkey except for slices in a sandwich, just to let y'all know, that's why I made the meatloaf for him. So I have the fresh cranberries made, bagged and in the freezer. All I have to do is make mashed potatoes, the green beans, the pork roast and that's it. Oh, I made a pecan pie for dessert, which is in the refrigerator in a pie keeper. I'm so ready for turkey day, y'all. 

6 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That Trump turkey, LOL! Your planned Thanksgiving Dinner sounds de-lish! If I were closer, I'd crash it.

greekwitch said...

Oh that all sounds yummy! How are you sweetie?

yellowdoggranny said...

I've already cooked 2 turkeys so far and it's not thanksgiving yet..

anne marie in philly said...

we eat out on t-day: vietnamese, japanese, chinese, indian. it's just the 2 of us and we don't have to cook or clean up.

Birdie said...

Debra, I think we should both go. It’s time for another Thanksgiving.

Magic Love Crow said...

Everything sounds so yummy!! I wish I lived closer!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...