MY MINIONS

Halloween Begins

Friday, December 8, 2017

it Fucking Snowed !!!

How Lucy was in the snow this morning.
Last night it snowed. Hard for about an hour. I asked the Goddess for a little snow because I was homesick for that white stuff, and DAYUM she delivered. The snow band hit around 7:15 and lasted until almost 8 p.m. I was trying to get pictures of it last night but my camera wasn't cooperating at the time. I need to get another battery for that thing. It was reported that we got officially here in Seguin, half an inch to 3 inches in some areas. The last time it snowed in Seguin was in 1985. David said they recorded 15 inches back then. 
The front yard. There was more than this but the sun is shining
 off and on through the clouds and melting it fast.

My Robinhood roses and bougainvilleas weighted down by the snow

My rosemary bush has taken a beating through the years. Here covered in snow.

Our Esperanzas weighted down in the snow. We will have to cut them down now as we do every year when we get a freeze. But they grow back tall with beautiful yellow bell-shaped flowers in the late spring.

The field on the other side of the street as seen over the back of David's truck in the carport.
It was very cold out this morning and I didn't want to venture out past the driveway.
Well, there you have it. 

9 comments:

anne marie in philly said...

you can keep it down there!

jaz@octoberfarm said...

goddamn! now you officially have more snow than we do. everyone is getting some of this except for us. crap!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Enjoy the snow while it lasts!

Birdie said...

I didn’t know Texas ever got snow. Is it melted yet?

Leanna said...

It is all melting away. I think that not more than 20 minutes after I took all the pictures this morning that it was melting fast. The trees were dropping huge hunks of snow along with the melted like rain. Only the snow in the shadows facing north are safe from the sun. It stayed in the mid 30's at 10:00 this morning and now it's 40 degrees out and it's 12 noon.

Iesadora said...

That's super exciting!!!!

Sandee said...

You can have the snow. I'll take the warm and the palm trees.

Have a fabulous day. ☺

yellowdoggranny said...

we got flurries that morning..that was it..lucky bastids. all my cousins were having a ball.

Magic Love Crow said...

So much fun!! We are getting tones right now! I'm happy your wish came true! Big Hugs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...