MY MINIONS

Halloween Begins

Thursday, December 7, 2017

It's Thursday - It's Fucking cold and I love it!!!

This wet weather is wonderful! It's cold and wet outside just the way I love it Because Lucy, Spunky and I can cuddle in a nice warm bed all day. But that's not the reality. I'm really in warm fuzzy workout clothes with socks and my Monty Python "Killer Bunny" slippers. I don't wear them all the time and I never wear them outside. My "Killer Bunnies" cost too damned much to mess them up. I actually put them in one of those small space bags and use a vac to suck the air and their nasty living souls out after winter and store them in a safe.  dark.  place. 
Anywho, I am curled up on the couch in the living room with the puppies and my laptop. Sad thing is, this rain will be history by tomorrow morning. ~Sigh~ But hey the cold weather is staying. That's a good thing. The temps are where we should be after having days in the 80's and nights in the 70's. Now we are in the 60 - 50's during the day and 30's at night. David has to take my car to work because the heater is fast to heat up, his truck heater sucks. 
I've been buying cookie and bread baking items for the past three weeks. If I were to buy everything at once it would cost close to $200. I'm on a budget since I'm unable to work. David is crazy about my cookies because I make the soft chewy kind. I posted my chocolate chip recipe a few years back. So, this weekend I will be baking cookies, brownies, and cake/bread up the ying yang. Yes, I'm getting into the baking mood. I already. I found the perfect carrot cake/bread recipe. I plan to make Banana, carrot cake style, and rum cake style bread. I'm making shortbread cookies, peanut butter, chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin, oatmeal raisin chocolate chip, and sugar cookies. I'm also making chocolate chip and raisin chocolate brownie bars and blondies. All this is going to be put together, with some saved for us, and shipped to Afghanistan so troops overseas can have a taste of Christmas. It's just a little token but every little bit helps them.

Well, I have to finish a load of laundry and then I'm going to surf the web for a while. Y'all stay warm and have a magical day.


6 comments:

wranglerkate said...

It's wonderful that you think of the troops overseas and send homemade holiday treats to them. Thank you for that.

jaz@octoberfarm said...

what a wonderful thing to do! we had flurries today. i'm so excited!

anne marie in philly said...

DAYUM GURL! YOU ROCK!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

By gawd, gurl, you are a baking MACHINE! But for such a good cause! And P.S., I laughed my ass off at "'Tis merely a frost!" Am stealing it, it goes without saying. You know how much I love Monty Python. I am jealous of your Killer Rabbit slippers.

Magic Love Crow said...

Keep warm girl! Can you send me some treats?? Everything sounds so good! Excellent for you to send them to the troops! We are getting snow now! Happy Dance! Big Hugs!

yellowdoggranny said...

you rock

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...