MY MINIONS

Halloween Begins

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

It's Freezing Rain



Sorry about not posting yesterday but there was a vicious cold front making its way into Texas and it was making my life hell. This morning David is stuck home with me because we have freezing rain and wind and it's making driving treacherous. I-10 is shut down because of ice.
There are cars and pickups all over the place. There's a line of truckers you would not believe stuck on I-10. The reason? San Antonio loves to build overpasses over everything which means everytime we get freezing rain, it's like an ice rink.
Yeah, there's that. Another thing is that San Antonio loses power at the snap of a finger. Yeah, they have outages everywhere. So that means no school today and no work today. It will be in the 20's all day with wind and then we have more freezing rain coming in from the northwest. It will be in the teens tonight so I'm guessing David will be home tomorrow too because the roads will be worse. As for me? I'm going back to bed.

8 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh yes, freezing rain is THE WORST! Stay home and stay safe!

jaz@octoberfarm said...

my experience in austin with freezing rain was that everyone still tried to drive 70 mph. freezing rain is nasty!

Toni said...

Sweet dreams while you're sleeping off the storm. Be safe!

Birdie said...

A good day for hot chocolate and naps.

Ol'Buzzard said...

Declare it a kick back day
the Ol'Buzzard

anne marie in philly said...

I hope you had a good day...even with the spouse around the house!

Harry Hamid said...

Houston was shut down today and will be shut down tomorrow as well, apparently. I'm just hunkering down and getting through. I just hope the wine doesn't run out.

Stay warm.

Magic Love Crow said...

Be safe and take it easy! I hate freezing rain!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...