MY MINIONS

Halloween Begins

Thursday, May 17, 2018

I Didn't Feel Like It and a Recipe

I wasn't going to post today. I just didn't feel like it. Yesterday I had a killer headache that I thought would turn into a migraine but I tackled it in its tracks. It's down to a dull thump now. I was also going to do some laundry today instead of tomorrow but I don't feel like it. Yeah, I don't really give a fuck today.
David sent me this weird story about 6 baby squirrels that had their tails stuck together. Apparently, their tails became entangled by tree sap. You have to read the story here. It's strange but it seems to happen now and then. Freaky, huh?
Tonight I'm making a Tex-Mex casserole for David. He loves this one. Preheat oven to 375. In a large **deep skillet, brown 1 pound of very lean ground beef and break it up small with the spoon as it browns. Dice up small 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced small 1/2 cup each red and green bell peppers and add to the ground beef. Salt and pepper to taste. Mix in one package of McCormick Taco Seasoning, 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1 teaspoon ground cumin, 1 cup Kraft Mexican Style Shredded Cheese, 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice, 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, 1 and 1/2 cup frozen corn,  and 1 and 1/2 cups of reduced sodium chicken broth or homemade low sodium chicken broth. mix well and cook while you get a 13x9 inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Spoon into baking dish, cover and bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until rice is cooked. Cover with more Kraft Mexican Styled cheese and bake until cheese is melted. Serve with refried beans. This serves 6 people and is great as leftovers.

** I hate using extra dishes when I cook. So, if you want to do as I do and the deep skillet is oven proof or if you use a 4 to 6-inch deep cast iron frying pan and it has no lid, just use foil to cover the pan and bake. 

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That Tex-Mex casserole recipe looks sooooooooo good -- I'm going to give it a try some cool day when I can keep the oven on that long.

Birdie said...

I bet those squirrels had been drinking. Maybe Is was Spring Break for squirrels. Do you think they are embarrassed that they ended up on the Internet!?

Magic Love Crow said...

Poor squirrels! I feel bad for them! Thanks for the recipe! Yummy! Big Hugs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...