MY MINIONS

Halloween Begins

Monday, November 12, 2018

It's Monday

Hey y'all, hope you had a great weekend. Sorry I'm late posting. There is a vicious cold front coming through at around noon for us and I'm having trouble getting around. Walking is so hard when the nerves are pinched in my back so, because of this wonderful bitchin pain, I need to let all y'all know again that I'm not going to post as much as I usually do. I will be only posting on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. I will post on Tuesday and Thursday only if I feel better.  Sorry, but this is only temporary for the late fall-winter season until the weather warms up and the wet weather drys up a bit. It has gotten noticeably colder and it's been raining almost every other day
old ugly yellow kitchen sink
David installed the new kitchen sink on Saturday. He had to take out the old double one which was a bitch because it was an enameled cast iron mother. Taking up the trim which turned out to be the only thing holding it up on the countertop via the clips. the second David turned the last clip, the sink almost fell. David knew the fucker was going to fall and he didn't want that 80+lbs falling on the pipes or his head since he was under it moving those clips, he placed a metal broom handle across the counter over the sink and attached my hanging basket wire through the two drains and around the handle. We didn't know it would hold it or not but it did. After wedging the metal rim off the countertop and pulling that off and out of the counter, David was able to lift the sink out of the hole from where it was and put it on the trolly cart he had and wheel it out of the kitchen door. Now the hard part was over. All he had to do was take out the double pipes from under where the double sink was and make it one. He also had to cut the round edges into corners on the countertop.
new stainless steel sink
Putting the new stainless steel sink in was a dream. David only had to make one trip to Home Desperate to get a longer PVC pipe because the one that was under the sink was too short. The great thing I love about this sink is that it's much deeper than the old one and it has cleaner lines. David still can't believe he installed that new sink. I found him in the kitchen last night admiring his handy work before we went to bed. He just can't get over it. So, now all that is left to do to the kitchen is replace the flooring reinstall the baseboards and then later maybe next year we will install the new countertop.
Lucy is fighting me for my heating pad. She is trying to wiggle her little body in between me and the pad. She has been so uncomfortably cold since she woke up this morning. I had to fight her for my blankets when David let her jump on the bed. She refused to budge and I gave up and left her bundled up. She only unrolled herself from the blanket when she realized I wasn't there anymore. She found me sitting on the sofa under the fake fur blanket with my heating pad and now she is trying to take that over too. I told David he needs to come get this little piggy hog and throw her outside for a minute to show her what real cold feels like.







5 comments:

anne marie in philly said...

that yellow sink was fucking U-G-L-Y to the bone! david did himself proud; I have a kitchen sink just like that.

Yarrow said...

The sink looks great :D Aaah bless little Lucy, she's a lot like my dog who has his own blankets and a woollen coat!!! Hope your pain eases a bit <3

The JR said...

We took out our old heavy sink like that so I know how heavy it was. Tell David he did a very good job. Looks great.

Lucy, you sweetie. Tell momma to get you your own heating pad :)

Ol'Buzzard said...

Three years ago I replaced the flooring in my back room with Allure Grip Strip Resilient Tile Flooring from Home Depot. It was easy to install and worked great - still looks good. If you haven't purchased flooring yet check it it on YouTube.
Your sink looks great.
the Ol'Buzzard

Magic Love Crow said...

Well done!! The new sink looks amazing! Love you Lucy! LOL! Big Hugs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...