MY MINIONS

Halloween Begins

Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Baking Made Easier

Yesterday's comments said some of you wanted to see the pictures of my canning dry ingredients from Monday's blog post. Well, I did take the pictures I just couldn't find the file that my camera hid them in on my laptop. It wasn't in my regular pictures file and I wasn't in the mood to go hunting for them at the time I posted. BUT. Since some of you wanted to see it, I tore into my computer files and found them and here they are in order as I took them. They are a bit fuzzy because it's hard doing the job and taking the picture at the same time with one hand. My usual photographer was busy mowing the lawn Sunday and he didn't want to be bothered by girly shit.

So, I have all the dry ingredients measured and poured out onto the parchment paper.

I turned the parchment paper into a spout and let the ingredients fall into the 1-quart jar. I give the paper a couple of flicks with my fingers to get every last bit of flour and other dry items into the jar. You can reuse the paper over again for other jars too.

Everything is in the jar safe and dry and will keep for up to four months. I would advise not to set up any active dry yeast for sweet bread, buns, etc. since that is a dry ingredient in all recipes that must be activated separately. If you set up your dry ingredients for future recipe needs always, always sift the dry ingredients before using. Make sure the dry ingredients can be mixed together prior to adding wet ingredients. Like you can have the flour and sugar together when making your cake mix. Just be sure to check with the recipe before you do this. Also, make sure to add a small piece of masking tape to the bottle with the expiration date on it which will be four months from when you set your bottled ingredients up.

I didn't have the 3x5 index card to put on them but I found a small notebook of pages I could use. I wrote the name of the recipe and then what to do and the wet ingredients to add. This one was my Buttermilk Biscuit Mix that I improved the recipe last month. I also made two yellow cake mix jars and a scone jar mix that I mixed up for breakfast Monday morning. All I had to do was preheat the oven, sift the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients and do what I needed according to the recipe on the bottle. It was that easy. It's kind of fun knowing I'll have mixes of these things when I need them and they aren't store bought, all homemade.


Lucy Approved

8 comments:

anne marie in philly said...

if lucy approves, they MUST be good!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Marvelous!

The JR said...

Thanks for showing us. Lucy you are a sweetie.

Zomby Woof said...

I'm baked

ellen abbott said...

thanks!

Leanna said...

Zom, you're always baked. That's why I love you.

Leanna said...

Lucy approves of anything I make in the kitchen. She's my taste tester.

Leanna said...

You are so welcome, darlin.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...