MY MINIONS

Halloween Begins

Monday, July 15, 2019

It's Monday And I Want to Go Back to Bed - OY!

I didn't go to get the airbags taken care of in my car. I know, I know. But I have my reasons. Number one reason is I stayed up most of the night with a terrified little puppy because we had a really ruff thunderstorm last night. This is the first time I have ever been through a one that the rain came down sideways. Anyways it lasted a good three hours. David never heard it. Not even the one loud crack of thunder that sounded like it hit the park nearby. Number two reason was I wasn't doing so grand getting up when I did. I got dressed and took a pain pill ate my breakfast and all but I couldn't sit in the car. My back wasn't having it. So I called Honda and said I would have to reschedule so my husband could bring the car in. They were understanding and scheduled David for Friday. So that is taken care of. 
So this morning I'm stiff as a board and it hurts as well. I finally was able to get my exercises done but it was slow going. I called my doctors offices for refills on various drugs that I will be running out of in two weeks so that they can go online and renew what I need. I have both my family doctor appointment and my pain doctor appointment on Friday next week. Yeah, My family doctor gets a crack at me in the morning and the pain doctor gets to hear me whine in the afternoon. Fun stuff, y'all. So that is done. 
Lucy, my sealpup. Her ears go down
 when she gets scared.
Not much going on today, in fact, it's really sunny out and I wish I could go out and enjoy it but that's not going to happen. We are supposed to have a few showers sometime later this evening again. I hope it's not going to involve thunder otherwise Lucy will turn into a vibrating phone. You know that constant vibrating ZZZZZTT, ZZZZZTT feeling when your phone is ringing in a pocket. Just imagine a phone set on vibrate, the size of a cat. Every now and then she goes off ZZZZTT, ZZZZTT, ZZZZZZTT. That's what it feels like with my leg because she refuses to be cuddled but she wants to be near me. So I let her sit on my foot and she pushes her little body close up against my leg and her little face is snuggled between my calf and the sofa. She sometimes looks up at me and gives me a worried "make it stop mommy" look and I wish I could make it go away but it's beyond my power to do so. So I hug her the best I can, massaging her ears to calm her down a little bit. After the storm, she is so happy. I let her out to pee and she doesn't think twice about being out in the dark where it was storming just a few minutes ago. I wonder what dogs think about time in general. I think they have no concept of it at all or maybe they do but it doesn't bother them to think about such things.

7 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Well, hopefully the week will improve from here. Glad that David is taking the car in later. Love both those memes you found!

ellen abbott said...

my little dog is the same way, can't be consoled but wants to be next to me only her ears go up...red alert, red alert!

Anne in the kitchen said...

I think dogs have no concept of time at all. Shelby wags, wiggles, and is as ecstatic when I return from a two week trip as she is when I return from a 10 minute shower..

The JR said...

My neighbors Boston came over to our house on Saturday. His bad little grandson let the dog out of the house. Neighbor said to the dog would not come home by himself. The water man was at our house and said he'd drop him back off at the neighbor's house.

Poor little Lucy.

anne marie in philly said...

good for david taking the car in. and give lucy a hug from me!

Ol'Buzzard said...

You are getting some hellatious weather down there. An if climatologist are correct - this is only the beginning.
the Ol'Buzzard

yellowdoggranny said...

my son Thom said the reason why dog's get so excited when you come home after an hour or a day..they don't wear a watch, and they don't know how long you were gone..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...