MY MINIONS

Halloween Begins

Monday, January 6, 2020

Move Along, Nothing to See Here

David is back at work this morning after two very very long weeks. It's so quiet except for the puppies playing. It's just so nice. Anywho, he has called me twice so far this morning. He's not bored just wished he had retired or something. Let me tell you, he sits at his desk most of the day with minor interruptions then he takes a little walk and talk around the office area to exercise his legs. He does that something like every two or three hours. About 95% of his time is product checking specs on the computer, reading and sending interoffice emails around the world and talking to people on the phone or internet with the company to make sure everything is on the up and up. That's his day. He doesn't drink coffee all day or smoke and yack it up with office people. He's a rare breed that actually works until there is nothing left to do and THEN he visits parts of the plant, takes specs of weaved products and checks in with other QA people to see what is going on. He does work but he gets distracted easily and then he calls me to shoot the breeze for a couple of minutes. The poor man has gotten distracted three times this morning already. He wishes he was retired. I'm secretly glad he isn't but then I wish he was retired too.
This morning I'm moving a bit slow. I'm wearing the TENS unit and I want to do so much right now because David is gone and he can't bitch at me for overdoing. I really want to clean house because it needs to be vacuumed and mopped and the bathroom is a mess from David but doing so will put me out for days. I have his jeans in the washer with towels. He can't fault me for doing laundry when it needs to get done. I'm also going to make some Laura Bush's Cowboy Cookies and some more oatmeal raisin cookies later. I found the recipe last year and it's awesome. It's sort of a trash cookie because it has everything in it. Believe me, this is a great cookie. 
Well, the towels and jeans are done time to move them to the dryer. I think I'll just vacuum the living room and hallway. I'll dust and mop tomorrow if I feel like I can do it. Y'all have a magical day.

6 comments:

The JR said...

As bad as you were down last week, you do not need to overdo it.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

You can come here and clean house all you want and I absolutely, completely, totally promise that I won't complain about you over doing it!!!

anne marie in philly said...

I wash, spouse folds...maybe in the same week. if it never gets folded, we don't give five fat fucks. we're slobs.

I like that recipe; kinda a mixed up oatmeal/choco chip/coconut cookie. I printed it for future use.

ain't it nice to have the house to yourself? :)

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Enjoy those cookies!

ellen abbott said...

just do a little bit every day. you don't need to do it all in one day!

pam nash said...

Busy busy day you had. Don't overdo!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...