MY MINIONS

Halloween Begins

Thursday, April 23, 2020

It's Thursday

We are expecting another cold front tonight or into tomorrow morning. I have pretty much decided that I won't bother about them and just take it all in stride. After all, I can't do anything about them or the pain. So, whatever.
David has been wandering about the house because he is now in the anxious stage, Denial was Monday. I told him he could go out and get my car inspected and get the tax sticker on it. So he is out and about. Keeping me from killing him. Lucy has been following him around and has recently resigned to sitting next to me again most of the day. She had that strange worried look on her face when she looked up at me this morning like "why is daddy home, mom?" I would just look at her and shake my head, "I don't know, baby girl. I don't know."
I need to get a "To Do" list started so that he can look at it most of the morning and think about doing some or none of the jobs. It will keep him busy and stop him from bothering me. I have the shopping list ready for tomorrow morning so that will keep him from insanity for an hour. But the rest of the day is up in the air. I need to get that list started.
I'm saving the puppy blankets for him to wash for when he gets back from the car fiasco. I wonder if he knows how to use the washer? Last time I ended up stepping in to finish the job because he started fighting over why I use the deep clean instead of normal setting to do his jeans. I have my reasons Mr. Commando.
Y'all stay safe and healthy and have a magical day.

7 comments:

The JR said...

my to do list is on the counter
He's been able to mark thru a few things

ellen abbott said...

Mr. Commando. mine too. and he wonders why the crotch of his jeans eventually always get a hole just under the zipper. uric acid buddy.

anne marie in philly said...

your man goes commando? COOL! so do I! yeah, you gotta think of things for him to do or he'll drive ya bats!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Forced retirement is tough. When you choose to retire, it's a happy occasion. When you're forced to, it's not. There will be some emotional ups and downs for a while, I'm sure. Hugs to you both.

pam nash said...

Unplanned retirement and self-isolation sound like a dangerous twosome. Perhaps you might get him a 5000 piece puzzle or a paint-by-numbers kit. And, of course, there's always all 80 million episodes of MASH.

Richard said...

Maybe he's asking you how do to things because he's afraid you will tell him he's doing it all wrong if he doesn't!
This is a hard time, we are making it up as we go along.

Magic Love Crow said...

Hugs to the both of you! You'll figure it out!!! LOL!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...