MY MINIONS

Halloween Begins

Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Tuesday

It's a nice rainy morning here. It's like that Calm commercial with the leaves and rain falling. We had a light thunderstorm roll in about 45 minutes ago. David and I sat in the living room watching and listening as the rain poured down. It's starting to get humid now and I want to close the door but I love hearing the distant roll of the thunder. The only thing ruining that sound is the garbage and recycle trucks making the rounds right now. really a buzzkill.
Some of y'all been sending me emails asking about Lucy and how she is making the transition with Spunky being gone. She had a bit of a problem with it at first but then she got used to being alone with us. The second day after Spunky's death, she kept running from room to room looking for him. Then she became really sad. Yeah, she really looked as if she was crying for a while. Now she just mopes around the house. She's really lonely right now. If I pay her no mind she seeks out David and bothers him for a while. She goes everywhere with David now. Lucy knows she can manipulate us because she is the only puppy left. David said we have to go get her a little friend and I said maybe later, right now, I'm not in favor of getting another fur baby. We will see what happens in the coming weeks and then we'll go see what the local animal shelter has. I already made it clear that we will get a dog from the shelter. There are far too many puppies(I refer to dogs of any age as a puppy because they are like little children) out there at the shelter that needs a good home. 
Yesterday, I was on a cleaning binge. I did all four loads of laundry, vacuumed and mopped, and then cleaned out the refrigerator. It's strange that I didn't feel so bad afterwards. I don't feel too much pain today either. I have a sinking feeling that it will hit me when I least expect it. Scary to think about that but it never fails. 
David wants to go to New Braunfels this weekend and have dinner at his favorite Olive Garden. Nope. Not gonna happen. New Braunfels right now is considered the den of iniquity by me. They seem to have a butt load of CV-19 cases right now. Yes, I know Guadalupe county just recorded their first death from the virus but the person that died lived really on the outskirts of New Braunfels on our side of the county line and probably worked or did business there. So Nope. Not gonna happen until this shit is over and done with. 
Y'all have a safe and magical day.

9 comments:

The JR said...

I'm ready for this crap to be over.

Lucy knows she can wrap her Daddy around her paw.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I agree -- when it comes to CV-19, "better safe than sorry!"

jaz@octoberfarm said...

it's on the rise here again too. i always think that when you are a good puppy parent, you should get another. there are too many unloved pups out there. but you have to do it when you are ready. hugs to you!

Bohemian said...

I think everyone is so ready for America to get a handle on this Virus and mitigate properly but I don't see it happening at all. In fact, compared to the rest of the World I think we're doing the worst Coping with a Pandemic, which I didn't expect of any 1st World Country to do worse than any 3rd World Country with far less resources, but doing way better in spite of that. Kudos to those Countries who have their shit together. Seems the ones who don't have Idiots and Covidiots in Power and it shows.

anne marie in philly said...

nope, DO NOT go to olive garden! get takeout instead! esp. with your compromised body!

a shelter puppy is a wonderful gift. I just wanna hug lucy and tell her it's gonna be ok.

yellowdoggranny said...

we're getting our share of rain too..Sunday evening ..and last night and today..so humid now..yeah, stay away from restaurants..no way they can sterilize the tables chairs etc.or at least to my satisfaction.
I'm just now starting to think about getting another cat..looking for another main coon.sigh*

Joyce said...

We ain’t goin’ anywhere much. Grocery stores, hardware store and doctors. Boring! But, ya know, it is just fine with us. We can usually find something to do. The garden is really taking off and before long there will be veg to pick.
It just does not seem worth it to get a haircut, dinner out or whatever. Dinner out is my favorite form of recreation, too😞.Our state has been slooow to reopen but we seem to have a handle on things. DH takes a drug that makes him immunocompromised.
Stay home and stay safe. Olive Garden will always be there. Or...David can go on line and figure out how to cook his favorite.
Joyce

ellen abbott said...

dogs do grieve. we hardly ever eat out, or we hardly ever ate out so not going to restaurants has not been a big deal for us. I guess the thing I miss most is going to the movies. but what the hell. I can rent them later. our very republican town is full of deniers who accuse us of being snowflakes and fear mongering who wear masks. our rural county will never make it mandatory.

pam nash said...

Dogs and cats both grieve. When our little Merlin died, Morgan looked for him then followed me every step. I had to take her with me to work for a while. We are getting your rain now. Lots of rain.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...