MY MINIONS

Halloween Begins

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Stupid IT People


I apologize for not being able to post yesterday, but I was offline all day. Apparently there was a hiccup when Time Warner updated their system which caused a major nationwide shutdown of services. Just fucking lovely.

When David woke up yesterday morning he noticed our online service was not working. He said not to worry, give it a while so their IT people could get things back online. So he went to work and I stayed in bed on the heating pad reading. David later called around 2:45 and asked if we were back online. No we weren't. So I was stuck calling Time Warner. Their robot answering system said there was no outage in our area. This has happened before and I was thinking the router might be out so I opted to talk with an IT person. Just my luck I got an idiot IT from India with a bad microphone.
When you get that disgusted look
Anywho, I said our TW router was not working and that the Online light was not on. He asked me to do this, that and the other, but it didn't work. It was a fun waste of 20 minutes of my time on the phone,  I was getting mad until I noticed the little white button on the front of the router. Get this, he never, ever, during the whole conversation, said to try pressing that white RESET button. Not once! So I took it upon myself to try it. Well, low and fucking behold, it reset the router and everything started to work just fine.

Now I know it's rude to bitch at someone when they are trying to help you, but when they don't know to ask you to press the obvious RESET button first, then they shouldn't be in IT to begin with. I have no sympathy for stupid people who don't know how to do their job. I fucking lost it with that idiot.
Borrowed from a friend
I then hung up and went to start dinner. I didn't have time to do anything on my computer so my day was pretty well shot to hell. Oh wait, that wasn't all. We later got a call back from TW asking how they did. You can pretty much guess how fast David took the phone from me when I started bitching them out. I was shaking. I was so fucking pissed, I wanted to hit someone.
So, how was your day?

5 comments:

greekwitch said...

Hahahahahaha!
I

Vickie said...

I remember my TW days ... and believe it or not, I often miss them. We now have Century Link which was that God Awful Embarq. This service has got to be the worst I have ever had, even more so than TW and Comcast...seriously! We are without cable and internet at least once a week. Thankfully the guy who did the initial installation in our house gave me some tips to try before I have to call and deal with CS, AND he also gave me his cell phone to call him directly if CS doesn't fix my issue. And please don't get me started on how much I'm paying for rotten service.

In the end, I am glad you finally got things fixed and are back on line. Even IF there was no need for you to have to deal with someone else's stupidity. Missed you!! <3

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i never thought of hitting one motherfucker with another motherfucker but i will now! what a great idea!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Bad customer service is getting to be the norm in a lot of areas now, isn't it?

Vicky said...

I had to deal with bad customer service last week and I am still shaking with anger. How the hell can an airline outsource customer service to India so that you end up speaking to some fuckwit who has no idea about the towns you are talking about!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...