MY MINIONS

Halloween Begins

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Tuesday, The Ugly Step-sister of Monday

On to the next question from last week Friday. The Ol' Buzzard asked me,

How are you perceived in Christian fundamentalist, red state Texas?
I have to say that since we lost the last election for Governor. Things are quiet around here. There are not too many Democrats running around in the open here in my little part of Texas. 
As for the Witch part, I'm a solitary practicing Witch and I tend to quietly tread the ground here. You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a fundie. The Christian fundies run the town and anyone other than a Christian, are looked down upon. I pretty much keep silent so I don't hurt David's career. We don't know what his boss would do if he found out. So, it's keep your denomination and politics to yourself unless you are ready to face the circumstances. 

4 comments:

Pickleope said...

Yeah, I feel your pain, I live where my vote is completely insignificant. So, we do different things like participating in a local "gay understanding" group for old church goers who understand that gay people aren't going away and they want to develop an understanding. It's heartwarming, and I feel like I'm helping my crimson red community develop a tint, just a modicum of progression. Good luck to you.

jaz@octoberfarm said...

and i have a pentagram hanging over my front door...on the outside!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Living in the midst of intolerance is always hard.

Ol'Buzzard said...

that is why we left Kentucky.
the Ol'Buzzard

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...