MY MINIONS

Halloween Begins

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Almost Abby Normal


Well, everything went quite well for my back injections on Tuesday. I had the S1, L5 and L4 done. It hurt like a mother when I got stuck with the needles but in the long run, it was worth it. I went in with a pain level of 8-9 and walked out feeling higher than a kite. David had a few errands to run while he was waiting and returned just in time to see me come out to recovery. They had given me a Valium before I went in and I had taken 2 of my Hydrocodones before arriving at the Surgical Center. They were aware that I had taken some of my pain meds because I told them. Yet, they gave me Valium. WTF!! I was higher than a kite when I got out of the OR. My oxygen was waaaaaay below the normal numbers. I kept setting off the alarms, but I couldn't help it. I was relaxed, and when I'm relaxed like that I forget to breathe. David kept trying to keep me awake and breathing. and the nurses said I wasn't going to be able to leave unless I brought my oxygen level up above 95. It took quite a while. I finally got it up to 96 and the nurse said I could get dressed and go home. Finally. 
Well, I'm nearly back to normal now. My pain level is down to a 4. It really hasn't moved since last evening. So that's a good thing. I wish the pain was completely gone, but that's the only thing that lets me know I'm still alive. No, it wouldn't remind me that I might be in hell, Satan and his demons have several restraining orders against me at this moment. The really good thing is that I'm able to stand longer than 5 minutes at a time and sit longer than 10 minutes. It's great to be able to do stuff like walk without so much pain in my legs and back. It's wonderful. 
OMG! Ok, I'm listening to the TV news and they have just announced the Oscar Noms for 2016. I sware, if Leo doesn't get an Oscar this time around then there is definitely someone on the take. How many times can someone go on in life without a golden dildo as an award? I ask you what does it take to get one? Or better yet, the big question in LA is where can I buy one? Just asking...




4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Golden dildo, LOL! Reminds me of Ricky Gervais' joke about Golden Globes making a good butt plug.

Ol'Buzzard said...

Medicine has improved. Fifty years ago people were dying from things considered treatable today - and pain control. I get concerned when I read the side effects of some medications - sounds like the side effects may be more serious than the illness; but sometimes there is no choice.
take care
the Ol'Buzzard

Birdie said...

I am glad you are feeling better. A 4 still sucks though.

Pickleope said...

Sorry that you're not completely pain free. But was the drug trip at least fun? Maybe ask them for magic mushrooms next time. As for the Oscars, I enjoy the meme of Leo not having been granted an Oscar so much that I hope he continues to not get one. I guess he'll just have to settle for an acclaimed and successful career. Shucks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...