MY MINIONS

Halloween Begins

Monday, March 7, 2016

Fun With Plumbing

 Let me tell you something, when you chance upon bad luck, that bitch stays with you all weekend and then some. Take for instance my husband, David. You see, David is not the best plumber in the U.S.of A. I have blogged about his adventures in plumbing before. Believe me, when I say that I have a 24-hour plumbing service on speed dial, just in case. When David embarks on a seek and find mission, he never stops. That's the bad luck.
Take for instance this past weekend and the weekend before. Yes, he started playing with water and the plumbing the weekend before. You see, we have a problem with a clogged pipe. It was somewhere between the overfill pipe that runs from the roof to the main house line. Really it's from the washroom pipe coming from the washer that empties to the main line. There is a feed out that is on the roof that is connected to that line. If something is clogging that little pipe from the washer to the main line, then the water from the washer will end up gushing out of that little pipe on the roof.
So, David decided he needed to cut the pipe from the far right of the beginning of the PVC(white pipe) to the first connector(the thick white piece after the thingy clean out sticking up from the white pipe). He set up a clean out right there( the white piece that will be sticking out of the ground when he ever finally covers all that shit up with dirt). Well, the water gushed out of the lower pipe(right side without the PVC on it) opening and not the roof, I don't remember how many times before he thought he solved it. Yes, he's that anal.
So then he says he fixed it and the pipe is back together again. The only problem was that when I tried to wash clothes on Monday the water was gushing out of the pipe on the roof again for all our neighbors to see. Hence, I had the phone in my hands talking to a plumber when David came home. He was not going to pay a plumber $700 to unclog a pipe. So this past weekend he got off Friday afternoon early and proceeded to fight the pipe clog again.
 This time, I told him to take the rest of the pipe off up to the first connection to the main pipe(on the far left). I said that is where you'll most likely find the clog because there's a bend in the pipe. He did and then put the cleanout brush through the connection pipe and everything flowed smoothly. So, he want back to Home Desperate and got another pipe connector and connected the PVC pipe piece to the smaller pipe he made and then back to the main pipe. Everything worked fine, except that now, water was coming up into the sink in the kitchen from the washer. WTF!! David did not snake the main pipe to make sure the clog was completely gone from our system and into the main city sewer pipe. So now, he will most likely take off again on Friday to tackle that job. *sigh*

8 comments:

Ol'Buzzard said...

I know Dave's pain. I do most of my maintenance. Carpentry, electrical, just about anything; but I had rather take a whipping then do plumbing. I HATE PLUMBING.
the Ol'Buzzaard

greekwitch said...

Ooh this sucks!!! I hope you are finally pain free. Lots of love!!

Pickleope said...

I feel your pain. I recently had to snake a bathroom sink pipe. I wish I would have just called someone and shelled out the cash because the psychological damage of touching the gunk alone wasn't worth it.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

He's a "never say die" kind of guy, isn't he! Good luck, David!

Birdie said...

I am curious how this is going to turn out. Keep us posted!

Unknown said...

Your posts make me laugh out so loud that my kids come in to check to make sure I am OK! I really feel your pain though because my other half continues in the same manner as yours and I hate it when he is so stubborn he continues to try to fix something which he clearly can't. Keep us posted!!

Helene Raymond @ Trade Squad

Unknown said...

Don't be mad because plumbing really does suck and that is why on call plumbers charge so much. I admire his willpower to continue and fight the pipes when it all seemed to go wrong! Maintenance is hard on any home, new or old and out of all the renovations that are completed I always dread the plumbing!

Leanna said...

I have to admire his strange love for overpowering the plumbing problems on this old home of ours. He does try at everything around the house. he did solve the problem with this one. We haven't had any more backups since he put in the larger pipe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...