MY MINIONS

Halloween Begins

Monday, July 3, 2017

It's Monday


Finally, it's Monday! David is driving me bonkers and it's only 3 days into his week long vacation. I do have to say he does come in handy when I need him to open a lid to a bottle of water, otherwise I'd dry up and die. The man does nothing but glue himself to the TV and laptop screens all day long. He left the puppies out in 90+ degree(32+ C) heat over the weekend countless times. I only found out when I saw the poor babies panting on the back porch. Even though I keep telling David you have to stay by the back door and wait for them, he still forgot about them. So I am the only official one to let them out now. To make matters worse, he hasn't done a single thing on that "Honey Do" list. So I'm treating him like he's at work. That's the end of that.

Last week Thursday I promised you pictures from my dead camera. Here they are. The pictures are a bit fuzzy because it's my telephoto lens. I need to take it apart and clean it. 

Anywho, as it turns out, the turkey buzzards only wanted a drink of water, lunch later. After they got their fill of water they flew up on the cat lady's house and watched the cats for a bit then flew away. Here are the pictures. If you look closely, you can see a little chihuahua in the mid upper left. He's very teeny tiny. We call him Paco. He's the neighborhood bully.
 The turkey buzzards were eyeing one of the cats as a possible meal.
Personally, I was thinking they were getting a better look at little Paco down the street. If you look closely you will see him. That would have been a better meal since tiny dogs don't fight back as well as cats with claws do.
Anywho, did anyone see the news in England? Strangely enough the fresh water fish are becoming Transgender. YES! It's true! I shit you not!! Check it out here:  http://tinyurl.com/t3pa7e8.  I found this, this morning while I was reading a few of the online news reports from Europe. I couldn't believe it. In a way it's funny because they have fish that are going through a sex change from all the contraceptives flushed and then and the fish don't give a shit about it because of the antidepressants.  
Also, in Louisiana, there is a problem with its tap water. It seems that they have a little beastie living in it that is causing problems. That little beastie is called Naegleria fowleri. It causes the disease Primary Amebic Meningoencephalitis or PAM and is known as the Brain Eating AmoebaIt loves to live in lakes, ponds, rivers and soil mostly in the southern states during summer. It's only way of transport to the brain of a an animal (or human) is through water up the nose. When I was working in the hospital lab on night shift we would see one or two cases every year. 
Well my time is up here. I have puppies to take care of. Ciao.

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

"and the fish don't give a shit about it because of the antidepressants" -- well, at least they're happy. And it's so funny that teeny tiny Paco is the bully of the neighbourhood -- isn't that always the way?

Birdie said...

There needs to be SOON written on the Paco pictures.

WTF is up with PAM? Is there treatment?

Leanna said...

There are 3 known drugs that can treat PAM. Miltefosine or Chlorpromazine but Amphotericin B is the drug of choice many doctors will go with. The way we usually see the amoeba is when the doctor from the ER sends the lab spinal fluid from a tap. We first conduct a white blood cell count on a grid under the microscope. Then we check for anything that is relevant such as moving parasites. Amoeba are not hard to catch unless you don't know what to look for.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...