MY MINIONS

Halloween Begins

Monday, November 28, 2011

Yeah, I Guess It's Monday


I hate Monday mornings but there is a good side to today. David finally went back to work after a whole Thanksgiving week off. So that meant I got to lay around and do absofuckinglutely nothing until 11 am. Yeppers, the puppies and I layed in bed like lazy ol' bears. Not a care in the world. Finally, I had the whole house to myself, with the puppies of coarse.

So what did I do??  I cleaned and did laundry! It felt so great to be able to do something again without someone breathing down my neck.

Oh something else to share. I have pictures of the walls and ceiling of the kitchen that David finished taping and floating (plastering over and over and over and ... he's so fucking anal retentive) and painting with a primer. It looks great with the white primer but it's so freaking sterile looking. So here are the pics.


One of the LED lamps he pulled down to paint around


He put up the vent enclosure like I wanted

He finally finished the old oven enclosure and we put in the  microwave and some pots and pans

See how white these walls are

This linoleum is going next. In comes the Bamboo flooring
I have no idea when he will start on the cabinets, counter top or the backsplash. I'm thinking my kitchen will be done around possibly the 4th of July if I'm lucky. But I'll keep y'all posted.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the bamboo flooring! I had it in my dining room in our old house. It's the only thing I miss about that house.

Unknown said...

Yay! Your back!I hope this means your feeling better, just in time for the surgery on your other knee! I like what you've done so far to the kitchen.

Reba said...

Yep after returning to work after having five days off for thanksgiving.... well I was slammed today. Nothing like playing catch up on a Monday... but hey, I wasn't bored LOL

Your kitchen is looking nice :)

Lydia said...

Totally jealous right now. The last productive thing the Mister did was get me pregnant - and that was 3 years ago. And I would shoot a nun in the face for bamboo flooring.

Leanna said...

HEY SISTA- Call me. I don't know how to get in touch with you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...