MY MINIONS

Halloween Begins

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Day 10 and 11 July Blog Challenge

Day10:

Who inspires you?

Would you believe my dogs inspire me. They push me to get up every day even though I'm in pain. They show unconditional love when I'm mad because I can't do the things I used to be able to do, they calm me down. They entertain me with their antics. They make me go outside with them. I kid you not. They will refuse to go out unless I go with them. They inspire me to live more and cry less.

Day11:

What is the worst injury you have ever had?

Hmmmm. Now that's a hard one because if I were a cat I'd be on my 7th life. I would have to say my back. I have Degenerative Disc Disease which causes the discs in my back to literally disintegrate slowly. This causes the nerves coming from the spinal cord to be compressed and the pinching of the nerves cause debilitating pain. It feels like I'm on the Rack being pulled apart. This is not only from my weight and age, but also it's genetic my mother's side of the family. Thanks mom!

I have had at least 6 injections to block the pain and kill some nerves but it didn't seem to work. I've also had the facets widened to ease the nerve pain and swelling. No dice. I will not let them, as a last resort, put any titanium rods and screws into my spine. NEVER! Everyone says it's not worth it and they would have never had the surgery. They still have back pain and have trouble bending and turning. All said and done, I'll live with the pain.





1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

If only more people were like dogs, this world would be a better place.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...