MY MINIONS

Halloween Begins

Friday, April 8, 2016

It's Friday.


We're supposed to be getting a butt-load of rain in the next few days starting tomorrow. Believe me, when I say that I can feel it coming, it's a comin. In fact, I've been feeling it creeping our way since yesterday. Yeah, it's my back as usual. But as soon as the rain leaves I'll be fine so I'm not so upset. Besides, we need rain no matter what.

I've been busy planting more seeds for my flower gardens and the veggie garden. I have so many pots that I actually ran out of potting soil. So, David is taking a half day today at work and we are going to hit the nursery to get a pick-up truck load of potting soil and compost mix. I plan on looking at some citrus trees too. I also want to go out to Gonzalez to hit the antique shops that have old rusted farm stuff. I want to see if I can find an old wheelbarrow to plant some flowers in. I saw a place on our way to Austin that has water troughs, halved wine barrels, and old rusted wheelbarrows. Really all kinds of things to turn into quaint planters for the garden and courtyard. So we have our work cut out for us.

Y'all have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You gardeners are all the same! Have fun!

Birdie said...

I hope the rain leaves you quickly.

Please post pictures of your planters!

BBC said...

I just planted some flowers and a few tomato seeds.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...