MY MINIONS

Halloween Begins

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Just a Quick Note

I wanted to let all of you know what is happening with me just in case some of you are interested. Yesterday David took me to my appointment with the Hematologist/Oncologist. I had 8 tubes of blood drawn, most of it was for Myeloproliferative studies. When I saw Dr. D. she checked me over for lung and heart and then lymph nodes. She also checked for enlarged liver or spleen. All were normal. My WBC, RBC, PLT, H & H were all high meaning Polycythemia which is some thick assed blood she confirmed. She also confirmed the Fibromyalgia and Arthritis.

The Myelo studies if they come back positive will mean that I will have to take a Chemo like drug for a few weeks or months to stop the over flow of cell production. I will need to also have a few units of blood taken from me to bring down my H&H. The consequences are possible heart attack and /or stroke if I don't. I'm all for any treatment if it works. And NO, if I were to drink loads of water it would not help. This is where hte bone marrow blows out more red, white, and platelet cells then the body can compensate for. Sometimes it can develop into a form of Leukemia. I don't think it will happen.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope out of all of this crappy medical stuff you at least get the good drugs.

Chin up and tits out girl.

Old Fashion Halloween said...

Fingers and eyeballs crossed that you won't need chemo.

Leanna said...

I think I'll be fine as frog hair split four ways my dears. I will keep y'all posted.

Leanne said...

Fibromyalgia and Arthritis. BUGGER!

HUGS

Love Leanne

Judith said...

did she check to see if it could be cause by the drugs you are taking for you fibro?? If not, ask her! They do have major side effects, and this could well be one of them!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Leeanna, do keep us posted. I hate to hear you are having to go through all of this and I hope you come out of this flying your finger in their faces with gusto and back to your old self.

Lis said...

I'm glad you're taking care of yourself. Stuff like this sucks so much less than the consequences of doing nothing. ;)

Katy Cameron said...

Hope the meds do their thing for you

SpiritWings said...

Sending you warm healing your way. Hopefully to pin point the root cause and onto the getting better part! ~hugs~ =]

Lydia said...

Sending lots of healing vibes your way! Keep us posted!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...