MY MINIONS

Halloween Begins

Monday, September 21, 2015

While I Was Out


I've been hanging with the "Black Dog" as depression is called. Don't ask me why because I have no idea. It just happened. I got depressed. I folded inward, withdrew from everything and everyone and it only lasted a week. No big deal. I dealt with it and it didn't win in the long run. So that means I'm back, yay.
I think I really need a Pintervention, but maybe it's best I don't. The whole time I spent in the dumps, I was on Pinterest. Either I was making new boards or pinning. It was crazy. Like I was on crack. I couldn't get out of there. One good thing about it was that it's better than retail therapy. It helped me kick the black dog aside, and it didn't cost me a thing. Lucy was the only creature who was around me most of the time, besides David. She is such a nurturing little soul. She had such a worried look on her face. I wonder if she understood what I was going through.

While I was "out", the mama spider in our courtyard kicked the bucket. Yeah, she died. The one next to David's tool shed is still going strong. David keeps checking on her every morning to see if she's alive. Also, he bought an animal trap to catch the cats in the neighborhood in order to get them fixed and get them their shots. We found a vet that will do it for free because he knows we can't pay for all of them but we want to curb the cat population problem.
Well, I have a house to clean and laundry to wash so I'll be back tomorrow. Don't worry, the black dog is gone.

5 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You wrassled that black pooch to the ground in record time! Glad to hear it.

greekwitch said...

I am sorry you were feeling down but I am glad you are better now. I find your whole attitude towards spiders very cool!!

Pickleope said...

As someone who regularly pets and feeds the black dog, I empathize and I'm glad it has moved on. The cat trapping has me intrigued because I regularly have strays roaming around our yard (real bad during mating season) but I'm also afraid that if the cat population dies off, there will be a precipitous rise in the mouse and rat population. Now only if I could train the cats to do my bidding...

Birdie said...

Each day in a depression feels like a year. I am glad it has passed.

I like Pinterest too. I mostly just pin cats.

Ol'Buzzard said...

Damn, I am sorry to hear that. Hope you feel better - I know it sounds funny; but people who read your blog actually care - a twentieth first century phenomenon,
the Ol'Buzzard

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...