MY MINIONS

Halloween Begins

Friday, September 21, 2018

Lucy

Lucy wrapped in my blanket this morning.
Snug as a bug.
Last night we had a vibrating bed. There was a thunderstorm somewhere west of us but Lucy was having nothing to do with it. She came crashing into the bedroom sometime around 10:30. Yes, she popped the door open somehow and came running up into bed with us crying that there was a dragon trying to get her. Poor little thing was shaking so bad. I put her under my top blanket, yes I sleep with a blanket, and then I went to investigate the house to see if Spunky was okay. Since he can't hear or see, he was sleeping just fine. I went back to the bedroom, closed the door and got back into bed. Lucy, in the meantime, had woken up David. Just lovely. He finally got back to sleep as I was trying to comfort a shaking little dog. I decided to get up and spend the rest of the storm in the living room, Lucy in tow. Sometime around midnight, the storm moved on and it was time to get her back into the TV room where she belonged. Lucy went but not for long. She popped the bedroom door and came barging into the bedroom again. I got up, closed the door and threw her my blanket and got my other one from the closet. She snuggled next to me and we fell asleep. 

6 comments:

Birdie said...

Have you tried a thunder vest for her?

The JR said...

Aw, I don't know what makes them so scared. My Country hated storms too. She ate the trim off of a door one time.

Hubby would get up and put her at the foot of the bed. When the storm was over I could help her get down. She was okay as long as she was in the bed during the weather. She knew she did not get to sleep on the bed. We use to have a couch in our room and she'd get back on her couch after I helped her down.

Happy weekend. Hopefully Lucy won't get scared any more for a few days.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Poor Lucy! I hope the weather calms down.

anne marie in philly said...

my nyla or my gigi sometimes sleeps with me. the little kitty body sleeping next to you is so sweet!

Ol'Buzzard said...

Our cats come to bed with us during a thunder storm - or whenever they feel like it.
the Ol'Buzzard

Magic Love Crow said...

Poor Lucy! So cute! Big Hugs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...