MY MINIONS

Halloween Begins

Tuesday, April 30, 2019

It's Tuesday - I'm Back Bitches


I'm back, just not a happy camper. I'll finally be giving up the heart monitor on Wednesday morning and 2 weeks after that I'll be seeing my cardiologist with the results. Personally, I really don't give a fuck what happens now. I'm tired of it all. I wrestled with my demons and just threw in the towel. So fuck it. I'm 64 and I don't give a shit anymore. This whole week that I took off from the blogosphere was for me to tend to some things in my life and make a few changes. I did. Now let's sit back and watch what happens.
David was off during the Christian Easter weekend. Yeah, he took 4 days off instead of the customary 2. So I had him doing shit around the house that he has neglected to do since, oh, I lost count of the months. Anywho, I really put his ass to work and boy did he regret taking off all that extra time from work. He also had both my car and his truck inspected and the stickers updated. So we're legal. I had him tear up the vegetable garden beds and weed the side gardens. He had no time to breathe except to talk to our neighbor once in a while. He now calls me Mon Commandant.

click to read
Did all y'all see Game of Thrones Sunday night? I wasn't about to miss this one. There were so many rumors and just basic bullshit going around on the internet that people were calling the shots before the battle with the dead began and you won't believe it but they are starting that shit all over again with their take on what next week will be about. The whole week long there was speculation of everything from who would sleep with whom to who would get killed first. But nobody speculated as to how bad it would be. Believe me, if you haven't seen it yet, it was bad all around. Your worst nightmare. I won't spoil the fun but I will dispel some of the wild theories that everyone kept pushing.
There was the idea that the Night King would not be at the battle for Winterfell but on his way to Westeros, wrong. There was speculation that Jon Snow would kill the Night King in battle, close but no cigar. One thing that was interesting was that the Night King wasn't destroyed by dragon fire so that my own thoughts were he might have been a Targaryen when he was turned. There was one that Arya was running through the corridors of the crypts, wrong again. She was running through the halls of Winterfell. There were quite a few spins going on that Bran Stark was really the Night King, or that Theon Greyjoy would kill Bran at the last minute, or that Jamie would kill Bran or that Bran would warg into the Night King and stop the battle and help them win the iron throne from Cersei. All wrong. So many wrong theories. I promised I wouldn't say anything about last nights episode and I didn't. You have to watch it to see what really happened. You'll be very, very surprised at the final few minutes of the show. I guarantee it.
I got this picture from a CC site.
This is as close to the real thing that I made.
One thing I did get to finally touch up was my cheesecake recipe. I finally honed it to the way I wanted. Yes, after 4 tries I finally got it right. It tastes like velvet vanilla ice cream. Very creamy, not too sweet. It's perfect and it serves up to 12 people according to how you slice it. I will publish the recipe for Thursday morning's post.
David loved it and said that it was just as good as the cheesecake at Saltgrass, which by the way is awesome. That's exactly what I was aiming for too. Sad to say I didn't take pictures of the thing while I was making it because I didn't know how it would turn out. So, I posted a Creative Commons site picture that looks exactly like it. Next time I'll be sure to post pictures. The recipe is so fucking easy too. 
Well, I have shit to do and minds to twist. Y'all have a magical day.

5 comments:

The JR said...

I'm so tired of hurting and mine is nothing to what you have been going thru.
I still haven't watched G.O.T.

Yummy, looking forward to seeing the recipe.

My hubby has been in catch up mode on some of my projects.

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i'm on season 2 episode 7 so i skipped the part of your post on GOT. i have a lot of catching up to do. we are in a 2-3 week holding pattern here. willie had both eyes operated on yesterday and he basically can't do much of anything for that long. i won't put the elizabethan cone on and am using an inner tube type but he can still scratch if i don't constantly watch him. it is all willie all the time now.

ellen abbott said...

we don't have HBO so have to wait for this season to go public but I care not about spoilers, spoil away. we read the books, refusing to watch the series until we finally got tired of waiting for him to write the last book and so last year we binge watched all previous 7 seasons. I have seen the clip with Arya. she is one bad ass. didn't devote her life to becoming an assassin for nothing. though I don't think I want to know who all dies in advance.

I know what you mean about being over this whole heart/monitor thing though I'm just starting my 3 week trudge. fuck it is right.

be glad you have a spouse that will take orders. mine doesn't tolerate that shit but then neither do I.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Glad you're back! And I'm glad you've perfected the cheesecake recipe! I'm looking forward to seeing the recipe. I've never made a cheesecake in my life but there's always a first time, right? And you DID say it was easy?

pam nash said...

I'm right there with you about wearing a heart monitor, though, thank the gods, the longest I had to wear one was 10 days. Since then I've only had to wear one for 2 days or so. Still, they are uncomfortable and I always think of the guy in Alien - the one that had the monster burst out of his chest. My general attitude these days is "don't ask, don't tell" but a heart attack isn't any fun either. Dilemma. Fixing to start season one of GoT. Furthest ever got - season 3. However having watched the trailer - and knowing the books will never be finished - gotta start again and see what the hell happens!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...