MY MINIONS

Halloween Begins

Monday, November 11, 2019

Monday Sucks Monkey Toes

I'm so tired right now. I haven't been able to sleep the past 48 hours because of the effects of an impending front coming through at around noon today. It will be dropping temperatures into the 20s to the 30s for the rest of the week. SO I am waiting patiently, well, not really. I want this shit to be over with now. I have my family doctor's appointment next week so I have to get my blood drawn and just the thought of getting into my car and driving across town makes me cringe. Usually, after driving I'm in so much pain for at least 24 hours that no TENS unit could ever help keep that pain away. 
Anywho, I had a nice weekend except for the pain. I did all the laundry on Thursday and Friday so I could relax over the weekend. David and I went and shopped a little for Thanksgiving. We put in for a precooked ham online from the Honey Baked Ham Company in New Braunfels. It's always good to set up for one at least two weeks before you need to pick it up. They sell so many pre-cooked hams and turkeys over the holidays. What I mean by setup is put your name in and they give you a registration number online and you make a printout of it and take it with you when you are scheduled to pick it up to verify that you bought a turkey or ham from them. They also have treats and sides like gravy, potatoes, green beans, pies, etc. I always cook the sides and desserts myself but because of my problem with MCTD, we make it easier on me by buying the ham. It's so much faster to just heat it up and get the other things at one time than to take all day cooking.
Well, I'm in a butt load of pain with an attention span of a gnat and a mean streak of a pissed-off hungry tiger so I'm going to spend a little while - fuck it, the whole fucking day in bed on the heating pad. All y'all have a magical day.

7 comments:

anne marie in philly said...

I get the women box; we DO just know, because we are all wise.

Anne in the kitchen said...

I really do hope the weather does not cause too much pain.
Yeah I am a woman and I just know!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I plan on being bitey when I'm older too. Hope the pain subsides soon!

pam nash said...

Yup - I understand and KNOW, also. Feel better soon. Sending warm thoughts!

The JR said...

I love ham, but am not eating it right now. Must be paying off, because the blood work was so much better this time.

yellowdoggranny said...

for the first time the cold weather is really really taking an effect on me..legs aren't cramping..but my hips and thighs are killing me and wobble when I walk..grrrrrrr

Laura said...

That first image about the side effects...I totally get that. I was put on a new med mid october and i'm just now starting to get back to some normal function. I'm also trying to go off it as it is just horrible.
I'm trying to get caught up with everyone, slowly. I hope you are doing well.
blessings
~*~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...