MY MINIONS

Halloween Begins

Monday, July 29, 2013

Day 29 July Blog Challenge

Day 29:

What is the last thing that you bought just for yourself?

The only thing I can think of would have to be my 2004 Honda Accord. I bought a brand spanking new Honda Civic in 2004. Drove it home to El Paso (11 hour drive)Texas to see my mom and family for Thanksgiving. The newness of it all soon wore off. It just wasn't what I liked.

So I took the Civic back to the dealership and said I wasn't happy with it and wanted to try something else. I tried the CRV and instantly got bad vibes, a month later the CRV's were recalled for some nasty thing or other. My Witchy sixth sense was busy that day.

Well after looking around for an hour and not finding anything, I happened to glance over at the cars the dealership uses to shuttle people to their jobs while their cars are being fixed or whatever. There she was. My new sweet baby. I started to walk over to the 2004 Honda Accord on the side lot when the sales man said it was not for sale. "Oh but she's soooo pretty," I squeeled. They wanted to sell me something similar but I wanted this one.

I asked if they could just let me drive this Accord. They let me drive her and I was so in love with it. It had all the bells and whistles and it was quiet to drive. I was crazy in love with it. I told the sales guy if this one isn't for sale as a used car then I'll go somewhere else. Well, they gave me a great deal on her, used. I drove her off the lot after they cleaned her up and I haven't had another car since. My Accord was paid up in just two years. She still looks brand new and runs like a dream. Sometimes David lets me drive it when we go out. But it's like rock, paper, scissors to see who gets behind the wheel.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Your intuition led you to the dream car alright!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...