MY MINIONS

Halloween Begins

Monday, September 16, 2013

A Dog Day

Last week Friday David went for a follow-up with our family doctor. It wasn't good and I'm glad. Glad because David has gained weight and he's borderline diabetic now. He hasn't been doing his morning walks like he used to. Most of it is my fault because of my health. Having back and then knee surgeries has taken a toll on both of us.

So on Saturday morning he got dressed in his ol' walking gear and put the harness on Spunky and both my boys went walking. He was only able to make it around the mile long walking track once but that's pretty good since he hasn't walked in three years.

Spunky is 95% blind now and he fared pretty well. He remembered all his pee spots and didn't lag behind. In fact, Spunkers was leading David around the track. He was soooooooo happy. When they got home, that crazy dog wanted to play ball. I told David we have to hook him up to the Grid with all the energy he has to spare.

We later took Lucy for a ride with us over to New Braunfels to do some extra shopping for a special BBQ sauce that David loves and that the HEB doesn't carry here. She felt so special. She kept wanting to get into the front seat with David while he was driving. I made her stay in the back by blocking the space between the front seats. She kept giving me the angry eye.

While David was inside shopping I took out my camera and snapped a few pictures of her. She was looking all over the place watching people.



The last picture was when David got back to the car. Lucy went into the back seat for the ride home. She was happy.

3 comments:

Birdie said...

The last picture is most definitely a happy dog!

Unknown said...

what a gorgeous pup ! i wish all animals were as lucky as yours xx

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yes, I can see how much she's enjoying herself!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...