MY MINIONS

Halloween Begins

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

This And That

Have you ever noticed that your brain tries to make promises your body never intends to keep? I have that problem all the time. Mostly at night when I can't sleep because of pain. Yes, my brain takes on this persona that I can do anything it's little ol' heart desires. The truth is, is that my body says go fuck yourself in the morning when I can barely climb out of bed without screaming.

Last night my brain took upon itself to make mental notes of things to write about for today's blog. It also came up with a laughable To Do List of shit it so righteously thinks I can still accomplish. When I finally crawled out of bed, my body yelled, and I do mean rather loudly, FUCK YOU AND THE SPINAL CORD YOU RODE IN ON!

I did manage to wash two loads of laundry, clean the kitchen and vacuum but that's all before my back gave out. I remember being able to clean the whole house, change bed linens, wash laundry, water the garden and lawn with the hose (it was very therapeutic), and still enjoy a nice huge cup of coffee on the front porch before it got too hot in the morning. Ahhhh, those were the days. Oh Well. Moving on.

We are now in the "Dog Days of Summer". Yes, that's where the temperatures hit in the 100's like every day. You could spontaneously combust if you move to fast around here. Even the kids move slow when they get off the bus lest they burst into flames. The dogs in the neighborhood don't bark because it takes too much energy. Everything is hiding in the shade including the grass.

David said while he was watering the garden this morning, steam came up from the ground. He said we're gonna have to move. He can't take living so near to hell like this. Shit! He don't know what hell is until you've spent a summer in Pheonix Arizona. Speaking of hell, I need to put ice on my back for a while. Later my darlings.










4 comments:

peppylady (Dora) said...

So sorry to hear about your back...Pain is real pain in the ass, isn't it?
Soon everything will be harvest.

Coffee is on

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I hope your back feels better soon and that it cools off for you!

Birdie said...

I never, ever want to go to Phoenix. Never.

Come over to my house. The weather today was a wonderful 24 C. It is now 16 C. Pure heaven.

Educ8r said...

I hate living in Phoenix. It was 110 yesterday and the heat came up through my sneakers while I was doing bus duty at school. I am desperately trying to finish building my tiny house so I can go live on my land in Oregon where it is less than 80 in the hottest part of summer. For all of you that bitch about snow, stfu. You can always put on more clothes, but you an only take off so much.

I feel for ya and the pain. I can barely stand on my feet for the pain in the morning. Takes about 45 minutes before I can even move about the house without a hobble.

Here's to the promise of FALL!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...