MY MINIONS

Halloween Begins

Monday, November 30, 2015

I Am Free

Yes, David has gone back to work, but only for a few weeks because Hexcel will close for another holiday week soon. And so, it will begin again. Another week off for him and a week of crap for me.

Our Thanksgiving was great. As you know, we don't like to eat big with turkey and all the fixings. We had baked chicken breasts with a yummy orange glaze that many of you asked for the recipe. So here it is:

Orange Glaze

2 tablespoons vegetable oil                                  
1/2 cup orange juice
1 teaspoon orange zest
2 tablespoons honey ( I used orange honey)
1 teaspoon yellow mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

Mix all ingredients with a whisk. Baste heavily every
15 minutes for a thick glaze. Great for chicken, turkey, or ham.
I baked the chicken breasts for about an hour at 350 because they were very plump. So the glaze was quite thick and just perfect. We also had baked potatoes and green beans. We both decided not to get the cranberries. It was a bit much if we did. We didn't feel like stuffed piggies when we finished and were able to take our evening walk without feeling sluggish. 

The weather was a bit colder than usual out here, but it was nice. We had a bit of rain, but it was a great day. David's daughter came over to visit before she drove back to Austin. She was here for about an hour before she went home. She always comes down to see her grandparents and have dinner with them over the holidays. It works out rather well.

Thursday morning David and went to IHop for breakfast. But before he got out of the car he sneezed and coughed all over me and the car insides. YES! He did! All over me! Now I have his cold. I had a cold something like last month, I believe and got over it quite fast. But this time my immune system is way down. I feel like shit right now and seriously, I want to kill David for doing this to me. Yesterday I lost my voice completely and David was being just plain mean to me, asking me to speak up because he loves my new sexy husky voice. He's such a bastard. 
Today I woke up and my voice sounded like a 14-year-old boy's voice. Yes, it was cracking like crazy. The puppies made me laugh because I talk to them a lot, and they kept tilting their heads as I was talking. My voice was so different that I think it alarmed them.

So today, I'm taking it easy, except for doing laundry and some minor cleaning.  Oh, and fighting this fucking cold with a vengence. I'm hoping this doesn't change into Bronchitis. I'm coughing like a cat hocking up a fuzz ball.


5 comments:

Pickleope said...

Ugh, I hate it when people with colds don't sequester themselves and instead touch everything and cough on everything. "Oh, I'm helping build your immune system." Screw that, I'm waiting for the super-bug to come and take me out and I'd rather not be sick until then! By the way, there's such a thing as "orange honey"? Learn something new every day.

Iesadora said...

Thank-you for the recipe, my girlfriend says it sounds yummy so I just might get dinner in the near future =D

Really sorry your sick again, I managed to get sick over thanksgiving and it hit me good on my way to a celebration of life. I did get to enjoy being there for a bit and am pretty lucky that it wasn't till the next day that I really felt horrid.

Hope you get better quick!!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Sorry to hear about your cold -- what a bummer! And thanks for that glaze recipe -- I'm always looking for something new to do to chicken so I'll give it a whirl.

Ol'Buzzard said...

We normally spare the oven and cook chicken in the slow cooker - but will have to give this a try.
the Ol'Buzzard

Birdie said...

My husband is retired and is home right now. He is home every single day. EVERY SINGLE DAY. EVERY SINGLE DAY!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...