MY MINIONS

Halloween Begins

Monday, November 19, 2018

Monday

What David would do with the turkey...
David came into the bedroom and woke me up with a thermos mug of coffee this morning. I woke up right away and got dressed and we went to New Braunfels to the Honey Baked Ham store to pick up a carrot cake. We ended up picking up our order for the ham and turkey breast too. The gentleman told us it's best to pick everything up today because there are over 800 people picking up already cooked hams and turkeys and all the fixings on Wednesday. He said the lines will be unbelievable. So we ended up picking up our order for the meat too. At least this is a great idea because we won't have to brave the long line in the cold. David wanted to pick up turkey gravy too so I gave in even though the turkey is for sandwiches before Thanksgiving. So yeah, that's the reason why I'm posting late this morning.
I have most of the Thanksgiving cooking done so I can relax. I've baked all the cakes and cookies and bread that I could bake. All the neighbor platters are made and wrapped. David said he will deliver them tomorrow for me. He has the whole week off for the holiday. He is busy right now trying to get the kitchen flooring in before Thanksgiving. He wants to get it all done before he goes back to work next week. I'm sitting in the living room listening to his grunting, cussing and groaning and what not. He makes a lot of noise when he does renovating. 
Friday last week, I had an appointment to see my doctor who diagnosed me with MCTD, to let him know I'm having weakness in my arms and legs now. The past few weeks have been hard for me. Some days I can't even lift my arms over my shoulders and walking is very cumbersome. It's so bad that I tend to almost fall over. I have little or no strength at all. Since there is no cure for MCTD, I'm basically fucked. All he can do is prescribe drugs to make my life comfortable. This really sucks.

5 comments:

The JR said...

MCTD does sound like it sucks. That's terrible.

We bought a turkey breast. I'm going to brine it and roast it in a bag. We will make dressing. Have a few veggies. Maybe make a dessert. Oh, and rolls. Must have rolls. That's it.

Glad you got your stuff picked up so you don't have to wait in line.

Yeah David for working on the floor.

anne marie in philly said...

:(
I am thankful you are alive and contribute to this here blog thingy.
sounds like you have all the fixings for a nice meal on thursday.

wranglerkate said...

I love reading your blogs! After reading your latest here, I am saddened to hear about your diagnosis. However, I am hoping that you will be suspicious of the "all you can do is ingest pharmaceuticals" line and will explore alternative therapies like acupuncture, and perhaps some essential oils. Whatever you decide, I hope for the best of outcomes for you and the greatest possible joy in your life. Happy Thanksgiving!

Ol'Buzzard said...

We're baking a chicken on Thursday. I much prefer chicken to turkey. I do most of the cooking at our cabin; but Thanksgiving is the day my wife pretty much takes over the Kitchen - just thinking about her savory dressing makes my mouth water.
My wife and I sure hope you feel better. She always reads your blog but doesn't like leaving comments.

the Ol'Buzzard

Magic Love Crow said...

That is so sweet of you, to give your neighbours treats! I am so sorry about MCTD!!! It does truly suck!!! Sending you BIG HUGS!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...