MY MINIONS

Halloween Begins

Monday, November 5, 2018

It's Monday

Did anyone see The Walking Dead last night? It was awesome! I knew the producers of the show wouldn't let Rick Grimes die. The reasoning for that is if he did die the fanbase would stop watching the show and there would be no reason to keep the show going. So they whisked him off with Jada in a chopper and left it open to another storyline possibly in the future. But the episode was pretty damned good.
David dominated in the kitchen over the weekend. He finished painting and sealed up the openings behind the baseboards. Old houses from the 1930's and 40's tend to have a lot of openings. It's amazing people were able to keep warm during the winter with this drafty old place. Before we started renovating the closets had no baseboards in them and you could actually see under the house through the holes. After I started work back in 2002 when I moved here we were able to save up and pay off the house and car and his truck inside of 2 years, then we started renovating each room on a weekend when we had time. It took 2 more years to do that and now we are starting on the kitchen. But because I'm not able to work and I'm not pulling in any money, we are forced to renovate the kitchen more slowly than if I was working. So we have been buying things when we get the cash to do so. We have everything now except the kitchen countertops. That is going to have to be put on hold until maybe next year. David and I want reclaimed but we are also looking into recycled glass and maybe even a butcher's block. We definitely don't want marble.
So, because he was taking up space and making a mess I was unable to do any cooking or baking. I did get a few things done Saturday but that was because I couldn't sleep so I baked bread and cookies and I made a few more rum soaked mini bundt cakes. I'm making a few extra cakes and cookies in the coming weeks for David to take to work before the plant shuts down for Thanksgiving. 
Remember, tomorrow is Primary Voting day. Please vote if you haven't done so already.

7 comments:

Harry Hamid said...

Yeah, I sort of figured that for the sake of the franchise and its profits, Grimes would be left alive in some way.

It wasn't a bad episode (at least until that last scene), the way they saw him off with old characters, and the direction for the next few episodes seems... promising. I feel better about it than when I first heard Andrew Lincoln was leaving.

Yarrow said...

That's the only spoiler I'll accept :D I've been avoiding the whole last season because I didn't want Rick to die. Now I know he doesn't I may let myself watch it.
I'm right with you on the house renovations, it's amazing what people will put up with, including us! We're nearly at the end of our budget and so I'm working to get my business going again.

anne marie in philly said...

my 6 co-workers, me, my spouse, and my UPS delivery guy are all voting blue!

Birdie said...

I have never watched The Walking dead but my kids do. There are just so many shows to watch!

Of course I won’t be voting but I am still very hopeful that things are going to turn around.

Ol'Buzzard said...

Voting day should be a holiday.
the Ol'Buzzard

The JR said...

Our house will never be finished because we keep changing it

Magic Love Crow said...

Sounds like you're doing well with renovating your home. Slowly, but surely, you'll get everything done! I've never watched the Walking Dead, but I have heard a lot about it! Big Hugs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...