MY MINIONS

Halloween Begins

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I Love This Book !!

One of my favorite hobbies is reading and collecting cook books. I just got my copy of Skinny Italian by Teresa Giudice. I was so excited that I practically read the whole thing before I knew it. The book is a great read. I mean it reads like she talks. She tells you about her life, the kids, her mom and dad, the other housewives on the show Real Housewives of New Jersey.

It's chock full of great advice,  how to shop for Italian foods and staples for your kitchen and little spots where her hubby puts his 2 cents in. Teresa makes you want to cook many of the recipes in this book. I found my favorite that I love to cook for myself and I didn't even know it was Italian. It's called Tagliatelle. I mean DAYUM!!!! It's in there almost ingredient for ingredient except I don't use smoked ham. I use regular ham ,can't stand that smokey flavor in ham...yech!!!  And the recipes are easy and fast. Many of them I already know from my own Italian cooking. There is one that I heard of but she changed it and put Danielle's name to it. It's called Danielle's Puttanesca Sauce. I nearly died laughing when I saw this. She explains the history behind the sauce and why Danielle's name is attached to it. You'll have to read it to find out, sorry. She explains how to make REAL pizza from scratch...Yummy!!! Also how to can your own sauce and so, so much more. If you haven't read it yet, then check it out. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

1 comment:

bloojay said...

I might have to look for this now, I love Italian. I was adopted by an Italian family when I was a baby in NYC and my fondest memories are of "Sundays at Grandma's house" with a constant parade of relatives, friends & food. I didn't know jar sauce existed until I was like 16.

Love your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...