MY MINIONS

Halloween Begins

Friday, July 6, 2018

Adventures in Plumbing


David finally finished one of the items I had on the list. Believe it or not, he actually started yesterday at 2 pm. One of the items on the list was to fix the leak in the sprayer hose on the kitchen sink. Yeah, sadly, I gave him a plumbing job. Now, if any of y'all know me and have read my blog, David don't do plumbing unless it's the toilet. For some reason playing around with the toilet is easy peezy for him. He knows all about how that sucker works and how to fix it. If you give him a kitchen sink to play with, now, that's opening up a can of whoop ass.
Well, as I said, this started yesterday. Of all times to start tinkering with water, he decided to start late in the day. First off, he went to his favorite toy store, Home Desperate. He bought a whole new hose sprayer for the sink, he set up two old pillows to lie on under the sink and proceeded to try to take the sprayer hose off of the faucet from underneath. After about 20 minutes of grunting and flashy he-man strength, the sprayer refused to budge and his arms were getting tired from holding them up at that angle. Now, me being me, I would have taken the whole faucet thingy off the sink and dealt with it up top where I could see what all I'm dealing with instead of tiring my arms out but he didn't want to take the whole faucet thingy off he wanted to just take the sprayer hose off and reconnect a new one like slicing through butter. Yeah, it didn't happen like that. I asked him if he wanted the plumbers to come and do the job. He yelled that if I call them it's the divorce for me. So, I left him to his own devices and I went to read up on how to change the sprayer on the sink faucet. One thing I found out, you can't change it out on the brand faucet that we had and since he yelled at me for being a wise-ass, I just let him continue to grunt and cuss and grunt some more and find out all that fun stuff for himself. 
About two trips to the toy store later, success! He got the sprayer hose off the faucet thingy, only thing was it doesn't have threads so you cant screw another sprayer onto it. Another trip to the toy store, he bought a whole new sink faucet with sprayer. Same brand too. This was at 5 pm. Dinner was shot to hell. He preceded to hook the thing up. Okay, everything is going well except the hose from the water lines don't match the new faucet links. Water was leaking everywhere. He turned the water off and said he would tackle the critter tomorrow. He was a tired broken man at that point.
This morning I woke up and he was gone. the kitchen light was on, the pillows were set under the sink, tools laying everywhere but no David. I let the puppies out just in time to see him coming back from his toy store once again with 2 brand new water line hoses for under the sink. He just scowled at me and I smiled. He finally got the whole thing hooked up and running. He put everything back under the sink and cleaned up his mess. He called me in to inspect his job finally well done. I did. I just smiled and crossed my arms then I asked him if he was going to tackle the other 2 jobs on the list and try not to make it a 2-day ordeal. He's watching TV right now. I'm waiting.
Calm down Satan!

8 comments:

anne marie in philly said...

OY VEY! my plumber (not the spouse) would have that job completed in 2 hours AND he would come with all the parts already on his truck. no multiple trips to home desperate!

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Bahhh, plumber shmumer, I just hit everything with my pipe wrench a few times, add some duct tape and voila, fixed it! Have I posted about my basement swimming pool yet?

Birdie said...

Yesterday I noticed our bathroom sink wasn’t draining as fast as it should so I put some baking soda and vinegar down if and shoved a knife down to get it flowing again. It worked like a charm! Until I accidentally dropped the knife down the drain. I had to take apart the whole thing except a part was stripped and I had to hunt down plumbers tape and put it back together that way until I could get to the hardware store. Except it’s actually working beautifully now and not leaking at all. Go figure.

The JR said...

Poor David. I can feel for him. Plumbing around our house always involves multiple trips to the hardware store and Home Depot.

After we built the house I brushed my teeth for two years using the bath tub because hubby needed to finish hooking up the sinks

I think unless I had not thrown that ring tail fit we would still be using the bath tub

Ol'Buzzard said...

I had rather take a beating then do plumbing. I'm a big man and pipes are always in tiny crawl spaces and inaccessible. Fittings are always frozen on and I usually destroy something trying to get them off. I always have to go to the hardware store in the middle of the job to get something I broke or doesn't fit. It always takes me four times the time it should to do the job and always cost me three times what it should.

Don't laugh at Dave. It ain't funny to us.


I hate fucking plumbing
the Ol'Buzzard

Anonymous said...

I am the plumber in our house. It is always toilets. DH says ( when prompted) that he is soooo grateful. I just look like a girly girl. Electricity scares the shit out of me.
Joyce

yellowdoggranny said...

next time tell him to text or call me..I'm a plumber girl.

Magic Love Crow said...

LOL! Well, at least he got it fixed, right? LOL!
Good luck with everything else! Big Hugs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...