MY MINIONS

Halloween Begins

Friday, July 13, 2018

Lucy Plays Dead and Other Shit

Last night Lucy jumped onto our bed while we were getting ready to go to sleep. She laid down between us and pretended she was dead. David lifted her paw and it fell limp. She wasn't moving. So he said I had to give her CPR. So I scooted her over to my side of the bed and she still played dead. I put my head to her chest and listened to her heart, it was madly thumping. I said her heart is beating. David said to give her mouth to mouth. So, I took her mouth and gently opened it and blew a small puff of air into it. She instantly jumped up. David shouted Lazaris has risen! Lucy promptly ran from our bedroom. We slept very well last night, giggling.
So, I went to see my orthopedic surgeon on Wednesday afternoon. I'm going to have the surgery on my right knee done on the first Monday of August. That's the 6th. It will be basically exploratory unless he finds the plate on the tibia is loose then it will end up as replacement surgery. I'm hoping that everything will go fine for either choice. I know it will be a replacement because I show all the signs. My leg hurts right below the knee when I walk with or without the leg brace. My doctor said that is a sign that the tibial plate came loose when I slipped and fell back in April. But he will check everything first to see if replacement is absolutely necessary. He's a great doctor, I trust him.
OY!! I wish!!
Since I'm going to be down for a while I told David I want this yard and house ship shape. So this weekend and the following two weekends will be mostly cleaning and be getting things put right. He will have to clean the yard like I wanted him to do and help me carry the books back into the small room off the kitchen that I use for a library. We freshly painted the room and now I want the books back in the bookcases and I really want the treadmill in there too.
This is the kind of treadmill we have. This type of board would be perfect for my laptop.
I want him to make a work desk for the treadmill so I can blog, read and surf the net on my laptop while walking after surgery. I also need to remind him to water the hanging baskets and my fruit plants every other day so I will have to set up a calendar reminder on his computer when to water and what he needs to do around the house like laundry for only one week. I'm thinking because I was up and around walking with a cane after a week with my leg up on pillows last time, I should be able to take care of things by myself again. So this will only be one week of chores for him. 

3 comments:

The JR said...

I'm sorry. Does not sound like fun at all.

My hubby has a dang list as long as I am. But, he was jabbering about inviting the steps down to pick peas. I said before you invite any body else to the house, you need to finish the kitchen. COMPLETELY.

I'm tired of it looking like a rag-a-muffin with several paint color shades because things are in various degrees of repair or replacement. And he needs to finish making cabinet doors.

There is nothing hard, just needs to be done.


Don't get down in your back trying to get ready for your knee surgery.

Have a great weekend.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I hope the ortho surgeon puts everything right for you again!

Magic Love Crow said...

I was laughing about Lucy! LOL!
I'm happy you have a good doctor! Wishing you all the best for the surgery!
Sounds like hubby is going to be busy! LOL!
Big Hugs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...