MY MINIONS

Halloween Begins

Monday, February 3, 2020

Girl Scout Cookie Time and Other Shit

It's that time of year again. Girl Scouts are out in packs hunting down every fat person they can possibly bag. It's not hard for them, we can't run fast enough and they sell such great cookies. David loves their peanut butter cookies and I go for the thin mints and samoas. David said they were setting up at nearly every storefront in town. That's a lot of little girls with cookies hunting down fat people. The sad thing is that they know our weaknesses. Little monsters.

Yesterday was a good day. I woke up in a butt load of pain but I somehow made it through the morning and was able to get a few things done around the house and do some laundry. I actually felt good for a change which I find hard to understand but yeah, I made it through. I made sloppy joes for an early dinner before the super bowl game. After I cleaned up the kitchen dishes I put some Pepsi and Mountain Dews on ice for David and in case the kids came over to visit during the game. I made an herbal veggie dip Saturday night and it was sooo ready by the time the game began. I cut up some carrots, celery, and cucumber spears, made a small cheese tray and a small bowl of green olives and set everything out so there would be no interruption. I kept everything as simple as possible. I chilled a bottle of wine for myself and relaxed for the evening. We laughed at the funny commercials and I thought Jason Momoa's commercial for Rocket was funny as shit. I laughed so hard.

The game was awesome and I was so happy that Kansas City Chiefs won. Their quarterback looks like a kid but he is an awesome player. Patrick Mahomes played quarterback for the Texas Tech Red Raiders when he was in college, damned good quarterback. He played a fantastic game last night. Lubbock Texas must be sooooo proud right now.
I've been feeling poorly for the past few weeks so I've been just auto-posting. That's when I set up posts ahead of time and then set dates and times for certain things to get posted. It works pretty well for me when I feel ill. I try to keep up with the other blogs but if I didn't get around to yours in the past week or so, sorry guys. I'm trying.


9 comments:

The JR said...

We don't watch football. I do like to watch the commercials on youtube though. Sorry you've been feeling bad.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I hadn't seen that Jason Momoa commercial -- so hilarious! The wig especially.

pam nash said...

Having been a girl scout, had a girl scout troop, been neighborhood chairman for our council and a council representative - I am all in favor of girl scouts and cookies! Whoooho! Go girls!

And - sending more positive thoughts that you begin to feel better each day.

Amanda said...

I'm going to be really mean since I know you bake and point out that the King Arthur Flour Chocolate Peppermint Snap recipe taste like Girl Scout Thin Mints, but no icing and easy to make (I don't buy their Dutch Process Cocoa, I just get Hershey Special Dark). Freeze a treat, too.

anne marie in philly said...

didn't watch the game, but I liked the "groundhog day" commercials the best. spouse and I watched that movie yesterday.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

You tricked me! I came because you said girl scout cookies. That's a funny commercial, totally didn't see where that was going!

ellen abbott said...

I don't care for football so superbowl sunday is just a day for me. my contractor Rocky, however, plays some sort of betting game with his brothers and made out big time. and though I was co-leader of my sister's girl scout troop and co-leader of my daughters troop, I don't like those cookies. but then, I don't like any store bought cookies. or cookies in general. homemade I can eat a few.

so have you ever tried CBD oil for pain? it's supposed to be good for that.

yellowdoggranny said...

that commercial is hysterical..all of Texas is proud of that kid..coooookies..girl scout coookies...

Anne in the kitchen said...

I was for KC last night. I thought the game was fun to watch since the lead changed so often. Loved the commercial!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...