MY MINIONS

Halloween Begins

Thursday, February 13, 2020

Thursday

It's nice and cold outside this morning. I didn't want to get out of bed. The waterbed heater keeps it so nice and warm and comfy. I had to get up though because Lucy needed to go out again. Spunky was sleeping in his bed which has a heating pad to keep his old bones warm and he has a really nice register heater in the room too. I think that is the warmest room in the house besides the kitchen. 
This weekend I want David to inspect the attic to make sure there are no holes in the vent screens. The squirrels have been very damaging to our neighbor's house and we sure don't want them in our attic chewing wires and such. They are getting so desperate for food that they are eating the tree buds before they can bloom. I put out food across the street and they attack it before I even start to walk away. 
David has officially got a cold. Yep. He's taking Dayquil for it while he's at work. He ran out of pills and was going to stop by HEB on his way to work Wednesday morning and the place was closed. There were yellow cleaning trucks parked near the front of the store and they wouldn't let anyone in to get groceries. Apparently, there was a small fire around 3:30 in the morning that started in the cardboard compactor. That caused the sprinkler system to go on and douse everything in the store. Anything that had smoke or water damage is being replaced. We don't have any idea when the store will reopen. David says we will have to do our shopping in New Braunfels on Saturday morning because he isn't doing it in Walmart. But just in case they do open up on Saturday morning we will swing by HEB to check. Crossing our fingers and toes.
Well, I have to go make lunch for David. He'll be home soon plus I have to check on the bread dough. It's been an hour and a half since I put it in the oven to proof. Y'all have a magical day and stay warm.

5 comments:

The JR said...

That sounds like a lot of damage.

Hope he gets to feeling better.

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i had a waterbed throughout my 20's and i loved it. it's about to get very cold here but just for a couple days on and off.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

There's nothing worse than squirrels in the attic! Wage war against them! I hope David feels better soon.

Rain said...

It's SO HARD to get out of bed on cold mornings from a warm and cuddly bed! Especially when there are warm and cuddly fur critters under the covers!! My oven died today so I had to buy STORE BOUGHT bread and frankly it sucks. I'd forgotten how horrid it is, filled with air pockets and hardly any dough! We got a replacement piece this afternoon for the stove so I can thankfully make my bread again, I was worried about that!

yellowdoggranny said...

hope David is feeling better..Jack and I had a water bed..I was about 7 months pregnant with mojo and he came home drunk..I waited til about 6 am and took off all my clothes, put on my sons water fins, and snorkle set and climbed on bed and got it to rocking good and yelled, 'wake up mother fucker...surfs up.'..he did not think I was funny..I almost went into early labor I was laughing so hard.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...