MY MINIONS

Halloween Begins

Friday, November 11, 2022

Hey Y'all

First off, I'm hoping y'all that live in Florida, Georgia . . . FUCK, basically the east coast are taking shelter or got out in time to be safe. The pictures I have seen so far, from one of my friends who lives on the Florida coast make me worry. She lost 90% of her homes on the coast because of beach erosion from Ian and then now Nicole. Please take care and stay safe. Your home is not worth your life.


David has packed for his two-day fishing trip so many times I lost count. He hasn't been weekend fishing since 2014. I have no idea why he hasn't continued to go fishing on weekends but this packing and repacking is damned near driving me batshit crazy. He walks around the house mumbling to himself looking for stuff to pack. He's damned near spooking the puppies and the cat. When the kids get here, I better check his bag before he leaves to make sure he didn't pack the bathroom sink or anything else he won't really need. Yeah, he changed to a bigger bag.


You won't believe this but he ordered a pack of five plastic rain ponchos from Amazon yesterday. He just now got them. He tried one on and of course it fits. It's a fucking poncho for Jebus's sake. He said, "Yes! It fits! Okay. they go into the bag." Yes, that was him mumbling out loud again. He ordered the pack of five so everyone would have one for while they were out fishing on the coast. "They", meaning his daughter, son-in-law, best friend, guide, and himself.


There is a sweet cold front moving our way. It will be here at about 2pm. Yes, I'm feeling the change in barometric pressure. Been feeling it coming since Wednesday evening. Lots of fucking pain in my back and other joints. Yes, it always happens and there is nothing I can do about it. The pain will end when the front passes over our area. That front that is coming might hurt David's fishing trip with rain but it won't stop them. They are expecting cold temps with rain. But then again, they could have a bitchin clear day and catch their limit.


Anywho, I will be alone with the puppies. Yes! He already told me to call if I need him. Like, yeah, right. Out on the ocean and he will fucking teleport himself home in a flash. So, he gave me the neighbor's phone numbers in case something happens. I must have my phone on me at all times and I am not to do anything that would cause falling and/or death and/or dismemberment or not being able to get up. He sounded like one of those teen slasher movie commercials. "Don't go in the attic. Don't go in the basement. Don't go in the barn, shed, or doghouse. Don't shower or grab the shower curtain a la Janet Leigh in Psycho. Don't do the dishes. Don't do the laundry. Don't clean the house. Don't eat or sleep or bathe or fart." 


Well, I have laundry to start. The kids got here early so David is now gone. Yea, the house is all mine. I have the passwords to all the streaming sites. It's binge-watching time! Going to make some popcorn. Y'all stay safe. 



7 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

While the cat's away, the mice will play! Enjoy yourself! And I hope David has an awesome fishing trip too.

Now Am Found! said...

knock yourself out!! load up on carbs! watch trash tv!!!!

River said...

Love that GIF. You're not anywhere near the Nicole areas? Stay safe.

Bohemian said...

Watching all the trash TV you want, no distractions, who cares what he packed in those bags that he won't use. *winks* The Man has become Obsessed with Hoarding Fishing Supplies as if he's ever going to actually go Fishing again. I think the last time he went Fishing, well, I can't even think that far back actually.

ellen abbott said...

I never get the house to myself! I used to get a week when the husband would go to Colorado for a week with my brother. He would sit in the condo while my brother skied. But he, the husband, quit doing that when covid came. Enjoy your time alone. If you haven't watched the Enola Holmes movie, do. It's really good and the second one just came out last week. We watched it yesterday afternoon while the rain and front was coming in.

yellowdoggranny said...

you will soon see why I enjoy living alone..
this cold damp weather is killing my back, thighs, calves and feet.plus it's kicked up my allergies and fuck it I have a heated toilet with all sorts of spry attachments and a fan to dry my ass off..if my ass could smile? it would be grinning from cheek to cheek.

Becks said...

Hey lady- finally got to read your post. I'm so glad you got a weekend to yourself. I'm so jelly! I hope you watched everything you have in your cue. I hope you ate all you faves, drank all your faves and left nothing undone that you wanted to do. Also- I hope you honey had a good time. xoxoxox-Bex in Atl.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...