MY MINIONS

Halloween Begins

Thursday, November 3, 2022

Well Crap on Toast

 


I completely forgot to post Wet Cat Wednesday. I slept late yesterday because I've been having a bad time staying asleep. So I slept in yesterday. Sorry, I'll post it next week as usual. I'm a bit behind in posting this because I'm busy with housework and laundry so bear with me.

David was hopping busy the past two days trying to get a fishing trip together before it gets too cold. He would get a date that was free with their fishing guide and no one could get free that day. So after a day of back-and-forth calling and haggling, everyone said yes to a Saturday. They will drive down Friday evening, fish Saturday, then come back Sunday.


David was going through all his fishing junk. Pretty funny because all his old fishing clothes don't fit. He has grown out and nothing fits. It's always good to wear an old long-sleeved shirt over a t-shirt to keep the sun from burning and it also keeps the mosquitoes from biting. The shirt he used to wear is close to 3 sizes too small now. So he grabbed one of his old shirts from when he used to work at the office.  


I asked him when was the last time he went fishing? He couldn't tell me and I asked if it was around 2013 or maybe 2014? The sell buy date gave it away.


He said it must have been around 2014 because there were 3 mini cans of Pringles in his fishing bag. I took pictures so y'all could see I wasn't lying. 

He took the seal off of one and took out a chip and ate it. He said they still taste pretty good. I'm not buying it because he'll eat anything good or bad past the sell-by date and no I'm not going to taste it. Someone has to be alive to call the coroner. 


So, he just left to go get more munchies, a new fishing license, some new fishing line, a new water jug because he lost the last one, bug spray, and whatever else he might come across that he thinks might want to end up in the shopping basket. 


I have a load of laundry to finish because the dryer alarm just screamed my name. Y'all have a magical day and stay safe.



9 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

"Someone has to be alive to call the coroner" -- hahahahahahaha! I certainly wouldn't eat 8 year old expired Pringles. Even if it doesn't kill him, one word: diarrhea. You do NOT want that out in the middle of a lake in a fishing boat!

Infidel753 said...

No harm done if the soggy moggies are delayed occasionally. Now, eight years late (the Pringles) is more of a concern.

Good advice on the fitted sheet.

River said...

After the chuckles I got here, you're forgiven.

yellowdoggranny said...

very funny stuff here Leanna...and I think it would be dangerous to go fishing with David

pam nash said...

Since I'm not sure Pringles are real food anyway, I'd pass on sampling too. Plus, like you said - someone has to make the call.

Ol'Buzzard said...

I am old enough to remember before sell-by dates. We just ate anything that was advertised as food, and I am in my eighties.
the Ol'Buzzard

ellen abbott said...

Hasn't gone fishing for 8 years and decides he just has to go now?

Anonymous said...

How does he ger the Pringles bait onto the hook?

Bohemian said...

The Grandson's Husband is really into Expiration Dates or thinking something Expires right away, so he was constantly throwing my food out. LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...