MY MINIONS

Halloween Begins

Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Tuesday - Part Deux

When David goes to work in the morning I grab my walker and exercise a little by walking around in the house in the best way I can get around. I have my cell with me just in case. After I walk I sit on the sofa for as long as I can tolerate with my leg on a pillow while I surf the web. I have to wear an ace bandage on my right wrist and my right thigh for a couple of weeks. Nothing is broken, I just can't tabletop dance anymore at the "60's Plus Club." I told David I'm going to have to figure out a new way to make my bail money.
Anyhoo, I said I would continue the story of what happened on Sunday. David did get the washer but I didn't get to take a look at it, yet. I'm not allowed into the kitchen. So, I'm just letting y'all know it is deeper than the last washer and it's quieter and faster according to David. What I'm thinking is that he didn't buy the washer that I asked him to buy which will piss me off royally when I find out what kind it is. 
Sunday morning, David got up and made me tea and toast for breakfast. I then walkered my ass into the bathroom and took a hot shower while David set up my ice pack for my leg. I then went back to the bedroom and comically climbed back into bed the best way I could. David helped me elevate my leg and set the ice pack on the pillow and under my leg. While I read a mystery I heard and saw him from my bed, bitch and fight with the washer box and then take at least three trips to Home Desperate. Apparently, the cold water connection was leaking. So, he checked the connection and the little washer had busted so David had to go to HD to get a new one. Came home, wrong size washer, still leaked. Went back to HD, bought a new washer, wrong size, leaked. I called to him why he didn't buy one of those little plastic containers that have different sized faucet washers. He just grumbled at me and went to go get a different sized washer. This time he played it wisely and bought something called washer string. That stuff worked really well according to him. So he had lunch and then moved the old washing machine out of the laundry room and out to the courtyard, bitching and moaning all the way. Then moved the new one to the laundry room. He then loaded the thing up with his work clothes and asked me what to put into it and when. I told him how to wash clothes and if that washer wasn't the one I asked him to buy, he was going to be dead meat. So he started the wash and it wouldn't work, according to him. I said wait, give it a chance to sense the wash load, it takes a minute. He started to panic. So, David went out to the fuse box to see if anything was tripped and I screamed at him to give it a minute. By the time he came inside the washer had started. He came down the hallway to the bedroom and asked if I had gotten out of bed and did something to the washer. Yeah, right, like I can hobble that fast. So I filled him in that if this washer is a High-Efficiency (HE) washer, it takes one minute for it to figure out how much water it has to work with to get the clothes washed. The sensor literally weighs the clothes. Well, he got it working quite nicely. I must have fallen asleep because when I woke up David was making dinner. I really wasn't hungry because of my pain so I went back to sleep and woke up Monday morning just as he was leaving for work. When he left, I hobbled into the kitchen to make tea and toast and there in the laundry room sat the Kenmore. I wanted him to buy a GE or LG because they both were good. David is a brand man. He will never change. So that is what happened over the weekend. 




3 comments:

anne marie in philly said...

sears kenmore. YUCK! you keep on healing, missy! stay off the stripper poles!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Well, at least it's a new high-efficiency washer. That's the main thing! I hope your leg improves every day.

Magic Love Crow said...

I truly hope you're feeling and doing better! Yeh, new washer. Sorry you didn't get the one you wanted, but at least it's new, right? Big Hugs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...