MY MINIONS

Halloween Begins

Monday, October 29, 2018

It's Monday


Got a bit of a headache from no sleep last night but I'm back y'all. Last week was hellish with all the aches and pains but as soon as the rain moved on and the sun came out things became much better for me. I'm so grateful for that rain though. Everything is so fucking green right now and most of Texas is out of the drought. So nice.
Natural Maple
Over the weekend David went to Lumber Liquidators and picked up the flooring for the kitchen. It's called Natural Maple. Really pretty too. It's a vinyl waterproof floor that is supposed to last a long time and it's perfect for the kitchen. David will be installing it during Thanksgiving or maybe sooner if he gets the gumption to do so. Anywho, He is in the process of painting the kitchen and said: "not to touch that paint!" Yes, yes he did. He said he didn't want to have to take my fat ass to the ER for back pain or whatever. He painted the edges of the walls to the ceiling and cabinets o I will have to wait for the weekend again before he finishes painting. Yeah right like I'm going to wait for that to happen.
After the floor and the walls are done, we will be putting in a countertop and new sink. I told David under no uncertain terms, NO Garbage Disposal. I hate those things. They smell and cause nothing but trouble. Anywho, I have to go with him in a week or two to pick out the countertop and sink. I already know what type of sink but the countertop is going to be hard to choose. I need to really think about this thing and weigh the pros and cons of the different types because this rascal will be with us for the rest of our time in this house. I want something low maintenance.
Last week, David had his appointment with the family doctor and he got yelled at. All his blood work was out of whack. His fasting blood sugar was 115. So David is on a diet again. No candies, ice cream, or cookies. Yeah, those three things made him fat again, plus he got lazy. So he is joining me on the treadmill now and when it gets cooler outside he will be hitting the walking track at the park with me. Funny thing, I told our doctor when I saw him a month ago to yell at David for eating junk food and being lazy. Sure as shootin, ol" Doc R delivered because no matter how hard I tried, David kept buying and eating that shit and not exercising with me. So, I think I'll send a fruit basket for Doc R and his staff as a thank you before I see him in December for my appointment. 


3 comments:

The JR said...

My husband could eat the whole junk food isle, the ice cream isle and a couple of more and his blood work is always perfect. Makes me want to smack him and not with my lips.

I'm glad you are feeling better.

I like the wood. It will be so nice to have your kitchen redone. We have several countertops in our kitchen. a 15 x 3 Cypress wood countertop. Otherside that is same size (except has a cooktop, small sink and a griddle built in is mostly Granite - there is a weave cutting board pattern at the end of this one next to the gas cooktop. The one on the other side of that has the large kitchen sink in it and is about 12 feet long is granite.

then we have the smaller countertop that has an electric cooktop and there is green marble tile around it.

I can't say I like one more than the other. Because I like that they are all different.

I did not like the marble we use to have because I let somebody talk me into no grout lines. That was a mess.

anne marie in philly said...

ALWAYS good to see you posting! LOVE the flooring. DO NOT throw your back out or I will put on my high hells and come down there and spank you! and sweets are the hardest things for me to give up. I understand where david is coming from.

Magic Love Crow said...

The natural maple looks really nice! Good luck with the kitchen! All the best to you and David with the diets and exercise! Please take care of yourself! Big Hugs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...