MY MINIONS

Halloween Begins

Tuesday, July 16, 2019

And We Have Liftoff!

Where were you on July 20, 1969, when man first landed on the moon? I was 14 years old, laying on the living room floor with my brothers and sister at my aunt and uncle's house, glued to the screen watching history being made.
Fifty years ago today astronauts Neil Armstrong, Michael Collins, and Edwin E. (Buzz) Aldrin Jr., perched on top of a Saturn V SA-506 rocket lifted off from Cape Kennedy on their way to make history. This Saturday, July 20th, will mark 50 years since the lunar module Eagle, landed in the Sea of Tranquility on the moon and 20 minutes later Neil Armstong jumped down onto the surface of the moon. People were glued to radios and TV sets where ever they could find one just to listen and watch history being made. So where were you 50 years ago?
Special note: If you want to relive the experience you can go here.

7 comments:

The JR said...

I can't remember what I was doing.

pam nash said...

I was sitting on the floor in front of the TV with my one-year old daughter in my lap. She and I watched while I told her what was happening. Later on we went outside and looked at the moon. I know, I know - a year old is young and I doubt she actually remembers but she can say she watched the first moon landing.

ellen abbott said...

I was in San Antonio at my aunt's house.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I was 12 and I watched it all on black-and-white TV. But that was okay because the coverage was in black-and-white too! I'm posting my own post on this anniversary event this Saturday.

anne marie in philly said...

I was 15 and bored with the whole thing. teenage angst and all. all I wanted to do was dance to the latest top 100 songs on the AM transistor radio.

Anne in the kitchen said...

I was on a pillow in the middle of the den floor watching with my parents and sister. We watched for hours waiting for them to exit the capsule.then they finally did and we heard the words "One small step for a man..." After they got the flag planted and were about to move about, a freak storm blew up. Our house got struck by lightning and we lost power leaving us with out 2nd memorable quote of the night by my dad,"Where's the damn flashlight?"

yellowdoggranny said...

my sons were 5 and almost 4..we were sprawled on the floor in front of the tv and watched every second of it..I kept telling them ..not to forget this..you're watching men walk on the moon..neither one of them ever remembered.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...