MY MINIONS

Halloween Begins

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Crazy Witch's Daybook

My mood today is My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

What I wish my garden looked like
What my silly ass was up to so far today: I went outside to survey my realm and went freaking hog wild. I started by watering the yard. Then I got ahold of the pruning sheers and cut away at all the old dead junk in my garden. Then I just threw some seeds I had in a jar saved up from all the seeds I'd taken from flowers years before. It's a hap hazard way of growing my wild garden but it works.

What I'm thankful for: I have my own home and gardens that I can do anything I damned well please to it. I got David to finally finish putting in the rest of the garden bricks that I wanted him to finish two years ago. So now I need to go get my Hydrangeas from Home Desperate and my Geraniums too. I got cuttings from my Robin Hood Hedge Roses and started them in rooting hormone. Also I am moving my baby banana trees near the car port so they will have protection from the wind. So much to do, so little time.

My one guilty pleasure: I love when the weather finally turns to a warm spring. I love walking around without shoes. I love the feel of the ground under my feet. It makes me feel closer to the Goddess.

What's cookin good lookin: I'm making BBQ chicken that tastes like cat  with Fritos salad. Really the salad is a meal in itself.
Frito Salad  -  serves 8 to 10
1 head lettuce, chopped like for a salad
2 tomatoes, chopped small
2 cucumbers, seeded and chopped small
1 cup sliced green or black olives, whatever your preference (optional)
1/2 cup pickled jalapeños, chopped (optional)
1 bell pepper, diced (optional)
1 can regular pinto or red beans, rinsed and drained well
3 to 4 cups of Fritos, not the dipping chips
1 to 2 cups freshly grated cheddar cheese
1 large bottle of Kraft French Dressing
Put everything into a large serving bowl except the Fritos, cheese, and French dressing and let sit covered in the fridge before you are ready to eat. When you are ready to serve your family and/or guests, add the cheese and Fritos.  Add only enough French dressing to lightly coat the salad. Eat up!

The kicker is that once you make this salad it will start to wilt out so make sure to only mix it up when you are ready to serve it otherwise the Fritos get soggy after one hour. Also it's not a great idea to save any of it afterwards because of the soggy Fritos. I love to eat this as just a meal because it's a salad and then you have the protein from the beans. There are many versions of this salad and this one is mine. Please try it. You might be surprised.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...