MY MINIONS

Halloween Begins

Saturday, September 11, 2010

It's Time For Oatmeal Cookies

  Ahhhh yes, my dear minions.I'm bored to tears here. I haven't had a wink of sleep in over 26 hours. I hate when I can't sleep normally like everyone else. So I think of stuff to keep myself occupied. Since it's getting into Fall weather around here where it's cool in the evening hours. I make and freeze food items. Yes, it's that time again.

I usually make cookies in September or October and then I wrap them in plastic wrap in the shape of logs and freeze for later. ( They are good frozen for up to 6 months) It cuts down on all that crazy prep time later on when you don't feel like making them but want them anyways. So if you make them and wrap them, just cut them and place on the greased cookie sheets and bake. No bowls and other junk to clean. I like easy. When I make these I make 3 different types. One is Oatmeal Raisin, one Oatmeal Raisin and Nuts, and the whole shebang, Oatmeal Raisin, Nuts and Chocolate Chips. OH SO DECADENT MY MINIONS !!!!  But oh so damned good. I don't give a shit if they are fattening. I gotta have a good cookie once in a while. So here is my recipe for the Soft and Chewy Oatmeal cookies I love most in life. Enjoy.

Soft And Chewy Oatmeal Cookies                                Makes about 8 dozen

Ingredients

    * 1 C butter
    * 1 C canola oil
    * 2 C brown sugar (packed)
    * 1 C sugar
    * 4 eggs
    * 1 TBSP vanilla extract
    * 3 C all purpose flour  - add an extra 1/2 C of flour for high elevations
    * 2 TSP cinnamon
    * 1 TSP salt
    * 2 TSP baking soda
    * 6 C rolled oats
    * 12 OZ of raisins
    * you can add 1 C chopped nuts and even a 12 OZ bag of chocolate chips if you so desire


Directions


   * Cream together butter, oil, and sugar, until fluffy
   * Add brown sugar and mix well
   * Add eggs and vanilla and beat well
   * Scrape sides of bowl
   * Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt, combine well
   * Add oats and  raisins and mix until combined
   * Add nuts, and or chocolate chips (optional)
   * Place plastic wrap over bowl of cookie mixture and set in refrigerator for 1 hour.

   * Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
   * Lightly spray cookie sheets with pam
   * Use a medium spoon to scoop out cookie mixture on to cookie sheets 
   * Bake for about 8 or 10 minutes
   * When they are golden around the edges then remove from oven
   * Cool 1 minute and place the cookies on a wire rack wax paper sheets to finish cooling
   * Store in an airtight container when cooled

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That picture looks yummy. Any way you can send the pixels through the screen and it come out edible?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...