MY MINIONS

Halloween Begins

Monday, August 28, 2017

Monday - Meh


Harvey, what's left of him, is heading back towards the coast again. The weather guys say he's going to pick up power and head back into Texas towards Houston. As if those poor people don't have enough problems with flooding and heavy rains. I pray they can get through this.

For us, Harvey was like, meh. We only got 8 inches of rain since Friday night. The wind was like nothing, a puny 35 mile per hour gusts. We have leaves and pecans on the ground but that's about it. We never lost power. We did lose the internet this morning and phones but Spectrum got that up and running about 1:15 this afternoon. That's why I'm posting so late.

I forgot to take down my hanging baskets that hold my petunias. One of them fell, hook and all but the other I had David take down. We left them on the porch so they could get rain water. I did have to bring in my variegated ficus. It was blown over but not damaged. It's in a tiny 5-inch plastic pot and the ficus is like a foot and a half high. For us, we just vegged out over the weekend. David watched TV while I slept. On Thursday, I did everything like laundry, cleaned house and cooked 3 dinners ahead of time in case I felt bad from the weather, so I considered myself on vacation for the weekend. 

This is similar to what my neighbor has.
Our elderly neighbor neglected to take down his tent in his front yard and it was torn to shreds by the wind. He sits under it all day long. Just sitting there even in 100-degree heat. Strange old dude. I doubt he'll be sitting outside for a while unless he goes to Walmart to get another tent.

I'll wait until tomorrow to clean all the wet leaves off the windows and porches, etc. We still have lots of wind to contend with. I've been through worse wind in El Paso. During the windy seasons in the spring and fall, El Paso gets gusts up to 80mph. Blows you around a bit.




4 comments:

Birdie said...

I just saw a picture of a nursing home under water. https://www.yahoo.com/news/hurricane-harvey-senior-citizens-airlifted-094900370.html

Is Trump doing anything to help?

I'm glad you stayed mostly dry.

Pickleope said...

Glad you didn't get hit too hard. My friend is riding it out, sending me pictures and videos. A tree hit their room and they have a big leak now, but can't do anything about it until the rains end. Other than that, the flooding comes and goes on his street. If it's actively raining they go kayaking down to the only open store and buy storm-priced beer. They seem fine and light hearted about it. Also, as someone who once lived in Houston, fuck Joel Osteen. (Megachurch owner who won't open his doors to displaced people and in fact has started soliciting donations for his church under the guise of "helping flood victims" yet all funds go to his dumb church.)

Magic Love Crow said...

I am so glad you and your hubby are ok! Mom and I continue to watch the news and it is horrible what is happening! Big Hugs!

yellowdoggranny said...

we got about 2 inches of rain, wind never over 30 miles an hour..lost electricity in middle of night with no wind or rain...just went out..pissed me off.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...