MY MINIONS

Halloween Begins

Monday, December 16, 2019

Monday

The cold front came in around 8 am this morning. Instantly my back felt so much better. I walked into the kitchen and let Lucy outside. Spunky was sleeping so why wake the poor ol' man up. She was back at the door almost as fast as I let her out. I made a cup of coffee as I watched the temperature outside still dropping. It was 70 when I got up and it was 59 when I checked in on Spunky a few minutes later. It will even itself out by lunchtime and come back up to the 60s. I'm not worried. 
Last week Thursday I had to clean out the refrigerator. Since I wasn't feeling well Monday or Tuesday David "cooked" for himself. I figured I better clean the kitchen and get things back to normal. I'm glad I did too. I found a half-eaten dried up ham sandwich and a glass of milk on the top shelf of the fridge. Like what goes through that man's mind when I'm not around? "Oh, I'm not as hungry as I thought I was. I'll just leave this here and eat it in the morning." It's almost a lost cause asking him because he feigns stupidity and says, I don't know or remember. Thank the Goddess he remembered to feed the puppies although I wonder what he fed them. 
It's official. David will be off from work on winter vacation starting this Saturday and he will go back to work on the 6th of January next year. I have already got a list of things I want him to do while he is home and I plan to enforce them. So far it's about 8 things I need him to get to. I'm wondering if he will do them all in one day like he did that last time I made a list. Well, I have a few things to get to and then make lunch for him. Y'all have a magical day.

7 comments:

The JR said...

I think we are about to get pelted with severe tornado producing storms.

I'll be off on Friday thru next Wednesday. Hopefully, I can get a lot done in 6 days.

Take care,

ellen abbott said...

went out this morning about 11 AM and it was very warm and humid and starting to get windy. came in the house and went back out less than 5 minutes later and the temperature had dropped considerably and it was cold!

anne marie in philly said...

it's very cold up here; you would hate it. my arthritis and asthma hate it too.

Ol'Buzzard said...

A to-do list is Dave's Christmas present?
the Ol'Buzzard

pam nash said...

Sometimes it's easier to not ask 'why?' and just shake your head and keep on going. Honestly, here it was nearly 80 degs at 11am. I went inside for a few minutes and when I walked back out the temp had dropped to 50 and kept on going down. Winter in Texas - you never know how to get dressed in the morning!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh, those memes! LOL!

Sooo-this-is-me said...

That last one, so true!

Just saying.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...